Best non-winners.....2nd, 3rd, and 4th

Most DCI fanatics will remember their favorite winners, occasionally they will also remember the winners they completely hated (me included). But some shows that stand at the foot of those champions will ultimately engrave their programs into your brain, and leaving many of wondering "how the hell did this show not win?". Can you recall some 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place shows that have bested your hearts and set themselves apart from even the champions that beat them? Please get creative and don't be hypocrites or biased to just one corps.

Phantom Regiment 1989. I keep looking back at that show and don't understand how SCV won. (I personally love SCV 1989, much more than SCV 1988, but I still think PR had the more solid show that year).

• Like 3

88 BD should have beaten Madison.

09 Crown should have beaten BD.

92 Cadets should have beaten the Cavies.

90 Star over the Cadets.

2nd place shows that could have/should have won

2007 cadets - minus the narration this show would have been one of my favorite shows ever. Their visual package was insane, and man that hornline!

2003 cavaliers - though I loved BD in 03 (15 year old me) would not have been too surprised if cavies bested them finals night.

2012 carolina crown - see 07 cadets

Edited by rancidrolla

87 SCV

89 Phantom

92 Cadets

93 Star

95 Madison

97 Cadets

04 SCV

07 Cadets

08 BD

11 BD

I'm not saying these shows should have won. I'm just saying that these are some 2,3,4 place shows that I loved.

Edited by Yorkvillain

2nd place shows that could have/should have won

2007 cadets - minus the narration this show would have been one of my favorite shows ever. Their visual package was insane, and man that hornline!

2003 cavaliers - though I loved BD in 03 (15 year old me) would not have been too surprised if cavies bested them finals night.

2013 carolina crown - see 07 cadets

2013 Crown did win...

• Like 2

'93 Star of Indiana was a pretty good also ran Drum Corps, imo