Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Well, that does make sense, given the other trends. If corps are seeking older players because of the greater chance of success, then there are less opportunities for younger players. If there are less opportunities for younger players, than there will be less opportunity to create multi-year vets.

Additionally possibilities

more kids doing one and done.

more kids who do every other year (or some variation of that) because they can't afford to march every season for 5 or 6 years

kids who trade off summers and winters (marching winterguard or winter perc *instead* of marching corps)

(and i apologize to the OP for taking the thread OT)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

but in a sense, your digression is pivotal to understanding current recruiting trends, the challenge of turnover membership and retention, and how an established storied corps both celebrates the past as it looks to the future and competes in the present.

• Like 1

but in a sense, your digression is pivotal to understanding current recruiting trends, the challenge of turnover membership and retention, and how an established storied corps both celebrates the past as it looks to the future and competes in the present.

Nice point, as well as a clever take on the words, xanda. My hearty props on both accounts.

I liked Rise well enough in '13, but it felt kind of like a generic, nebulous competitive marching band concept. It didn't have that ... oomph. Animal Farm, in concept, had oomph, for sure, but it didn't really translate to the field. And the music program felt like an homage to the early 2000's, where it was all about the "intensity" of the arrangement. Didn't really click with me.

That sums up exactly how I felt about the show. Although the bland color palette didn't help much either.

• 2 weeks later...

All my heartiest best to Adam Sage and Boston in 2015.

I remember many years back, local color guard people used to claim that 27th's guard got more attention (with good reason) and North Star's guard was flashier, but no one could match the technique of BAC. They still have amazing guard moves and often great technique, but can be underrated. I'd love to see the guard get it's due, and I hope Adam Sage will make that happen.

i'm not always the biggest fan of re-do's, but man, i'd love to see 90 updated

Or 2000.

Ben Gegalado board administrator has been added to the team. post on BAC FBG.

Nice day for New England collegiate marching band festival at Holy Cross.