Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Interesting announcement coming from BAC.

<rant>

Honestly telling me that there is a big announcement and then not saying anything about it shortly thereafter is ########...lol...My opinion is don't bother announcing to the world publicly in the first place unless you are prepared to follow up with the news in a timely manner...SERIOUSLY a great big waste of time even reading it!

</rant>

• Like 1

They were extremely underscored this year (and last year) there rifle/saber tosses were insane, and the routines were really demanding.

No, sorry ,as I said insane tosses are a fraction of what is scored and how including programming and the who and what. You may not understand that .You will see IF you make the corps you are auditioning for.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

They were extremely underscored this year (and last year) there rifle/saber tosses were insane, and the routines were really demanding.

Before you unfairly castigate Guardling alone, I wish to say that after the Lynn, MA show (in early July), I IM'ed a regular contributor on DCP with the following question:

"is it just me (with my accompanying lack of full knowledge of all things "guard"), but was that generally a hot mess??" The response I received was "you're right on with that."

I've done guard often...but never at the DCI level. However, even with my lack of experience, I could sense that there were problems. Soo...if you wish to cast blame, at least be fair and cast it two ways.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

I still maintain what I mentioned back in the season. I personally found the treatments of "Polyushke-Polye" (more familiar to American musicians as "Meadowlands") to be joltingly refreshing and new...especially in the harmonic treatment. Those two treatments, and those two alone, qualified the show as "innovative" and refreshing in my mind -- if from nothing else, a musical effect point of view. It takes a lot to open my eyes in terms of music...and in a span of just over a minute, my eyes popped open twice (and both with a "WTF??" question on my mind, and a huge smile on my face.). And for me personally, that says a lot.

• Like 4

Before you unfairly castigate Guardling alone, I wish to say that after the Lynn, MA show (in early July), I IM'ed a regular contributor on DCP with the following question:

"is it just me (with my accompanying lack of full knowledge of all things "guard"), but was that generally a hot mess??" The response I received was "you're right on with that."

I've done guard often...but never at the DCI level. However, even with my lack of experience, I could sense that there were problems. Soo...if you wish to cast blame, at least be fair and cast it two ways.

With all due respect also we are also talking to a 15 year old according to their profile. I dont mean that with any disrespect BUT It took many many years to get the guard thing. I remember as a young instructor, I thought I understood everything and was very arrogant looking back. Well after a few years of getting my butt kicked I learned. Age does make a difference, not that older people get it either many times. Age doesnt mean knowledge either BUT those who have done this for decades have more than insight as to how things work and how a show is put together as well as what works and what doesnt. This isnt a slam to anyone or a statement of arrogance just experience at this level we speak of.

Hell , if someone after decades doesnt get it , they have no business in this and would have been gone long ago. I see that happen every year. It's a reason many of us fossils are still around, we get it, understand it, know how to work it and change sheets however you want as they have been over they years , we still will know how to succeed.

I am just wondering if that person was actually at the show to witness the "hot mess" to make such a affirmation? Don't get me wrong you may have been 100% correct in your assessment...I don't dare to try to understand guard or any part of it.

I am just wondering if that person was actually at the show to witness the "hot mess" to make such a affirmation? Don't get me wrong you may have been 100% correct in your assessment...I don't dare to try to understand guard or any part of it.

I do get it and it's still hard sometimes.....lol..this is why random, this one did this or that and should be getting this or that is not anything close to correct evaluating ( for a score ) a guard. Now if someone wants to say I personally like this one or that one for any reason in the world , that's another story and people are entitled to this opinion. Not that it makes any difference in scoring or placements. Or should.

Hell people still dont get how many times it's explained that a perfect score does't mean perfect..lol

I do get it and it's still hard sometimes.....lol..this is why random, this one did this or that and should be getting this or that is not anything close to correct evaluating ( for a score ) a guard. Now if someone wants to say I personally like this one or that one for any reason in the world , that's another story and people are entitled to this opinion. Not that it makes any difference in scoring or placements. Or should.

Hell people still dont get how many times it's explained that a perfect score does't mean perfect..lol

You'd think they'd understand it after it's explained to them the first 30 times.

• Like 1

I probably could have worded it better, it was a personal opinion no hate to the judges they know what there doing, I just favor Boston over most groups.

EDIT: dumb blonde moment.

Edited by cjf20

I probably could have worded it better, it was a personal opinion no hate to the judges they know what there doing, I am just biased towards Boston. Lol

Really?