Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Hey all, it seems to not have been noticed much, or realized, but BAC is playing at the Esplanade in Boston July 4th; with the Boston Pops. I believe they will be part of the production for the 1812 Overature. They have rehearsal there on the 3rd too. This should be fantastic to go along with their anniverary reunion show in Foxboro and the Tanglewood performance with Blue Devils and the Pops that week.

First I heard of this. Nothing on the corps calendar. http://bostoncrusaders.org/our-events/calendar/ If true,this is bigger than Tanglewood on the 6th since the Pops on the 4th is usually shown world wide.

Edited by Ghost

First I heard of this. Nothing on the corps calendar. http://bostoncrusaders.org/our-events/calendar/

I heard this was a possibility when I inquired why BAC was not competing in Bristol and at Beanpot. It is listed in a recent mailing to supporters of BAC, so it is public and official.The BSO has not made too many announcements about the Pops July 4th convert yet, so that may be why it's not listed in events yet.

I heard this was a possibility when I inquired why BAC was not competing in Bristol and at Beanpot. It is listed in a recent mailing to supporters of BAC, so it is public and official.The BSO has not made too many announcements about the Pops July 4th convert yet, so that may be why it's not listed in events yet.

Time will tell.

First I heard of this. Nothing on the corps calendar. http://bostoncrusaders.org/our-events/calendar/ If true,this is bigger than Tanglewood on the 6th since the Pops on the 4th is usually shown world wide.

The Pops Esplanade concert USED to be shown worldwide. I don't think it is anymore. Other cities 4th celebrations have taken over.

Check your Giant Steps calendar.

I'll be half way to MA when my copy arrives in UT! (Someone please bring their copy to the Spring Fling. Thank you.)

Edited by Ghost

The Pops Esplanade concert USED to be shown worldwide. I don't think it is anymore. Other cities 4th celebrations have taken over.

No. The Boston Pops Concert/ Fireworks at the Hatch Shell ( The Esplanade ) in Boston is televised thru the CBS Broadcasting Networking System ( thru its local afiliate WBZ- TV Boston ) and broadcast both here in the US and internationally to millions throughout the world each 4th of July. Because of the CBS Global networking reach, no other 4th of July TV broadcast ( including, Wash. D.C,... on PBS ) has as many ears and eyeballs. While the signing of the Nation's demand for Independence took place in Washington D.C itself on July 4th,1776, it was "the shot heard round the world " ( phrase coined by Preacher, Poet, Philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson ) that took place almost a year earlier on April 19,1775 in Concord, ,Massachusetts ( approx 25 miles west of Boston ) that actually began the American Revolution. ( did I just inadvertently use the word " Waldo " ?... haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Will you be at Tanglewood, Ghost?

• Like 1

Will you be at Tanglewood, Ghost?

Yes, I believe he bought tickets.

For those of you around Boston's roads this July 4th weekend, look out for a fiierce old dude on the roads on his motorcycle. He's been known to unintentionally scare local citizenry, and the farm animals when he roars into town on his Yellow Bird.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, I believe he bought tickets.

For those of you around Boston's roads this July 4th weekend, look out for a fiierce old dude on the roads on his motorcycle. He's been known to unintentionally scare local citizenry, and the farm animals when he roars into town on his Yellow Bird.

Yes HT, I will be there. Sec. 1, Row J, Seat 10. With a once in a life time event, I'm guessing, I did not want to take a chance with lawn tickets.

I decided a couple of weeks ago BRASSSOOOO to leave Big Bird in the garage and hooked up to the battery tender. Would have had to borrow (hopefully) or pay peanuts for a trailer for almost two months. Tow BB to Flagstaff this Friday, then East on I40 to MA starting Sunday afternoon, hoping to avoid any bad weather through Tornado Alley. Too much of a hassle for so little time in the saddle. Now, if the Mrs. of 42 years liked to ride (her initials are on the back seat, but she's never even sat on BB) the bike would have joined us. We're going to use a Christmas gift certificate for two nights at the Eastern Slope Inn Resort in mid July. That might have been a nice ride over the non highway roads. Oh well. Thinking of doing Rolling Thunder next May.