Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Nice hats.

The straw hat I tried didn't hold up. The booney hat I use is great. http://www.costco.com/Sun-Protection-Zone%E2%84%A2-Adult-Unisex-Booney-Hat-Khaki.product.100086565.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=booney+hat&langId=-1&storeId=10301&refine= First time I wore it to a BP session, one of the guys asked if my wife gave me permission to borrow a lamp shade!

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

The surdo drum feature happens at the opening of the show....very cool. And the straw hats are actually the tenor section hats.

Nice hats.

like the hats also. Maybe they will have them on sale at their booth with a slight mod (waldo 75) would be cool.

The surdo drum feature happens at the opening of the show....very cool. And the straw hats are actually the tenor section hats.

Those are great hats for keeping the sun off of their faces and out of their eyes.

Great drums go along with Boston's many years of being innovative and at the vanguard of percussive changes in drum corps. I think back to Jerry Shelmar, the horizontal bass drums used in the late 60's and early 70's until the manufacturers caught up, etc.

Looking good.

• Like 1

Great drums go along with Boston's many years of being innovative and at the vanguard of percussive changes in drum corps. I think back to Jerry Shelmar, the horizontal bass drums used in the late 60's and early 70's until the manufacturers caught up, etc.

Looking good.

Not to mention the orchestra bells he used in 1969 - "Unsquare Dance" and "Pop Goes the Weasel" drum solos especially. Well, except for the VFW Nats in Philly.

• Like 1

1967 Tony Smith was the first to march the double bass drums turned sideways.

1968 The BAC were the first to march tympani in competition.

1985 First corps to use electronic/synthesizer sounds in competition.

I can only imagine what Jerry could do with the talented percussion and pit sections available today.

Boston has new innovative marching technique.... :lol:

Boston has new innovative marching technique.... :lol:

I will give him a 20 out of 20.