Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Yes HT, I will be there. Sec. 1, Row J, Seat 10. With a once in a life time event, I'm guessing, I did not want to take a chance with lawn tickets.

I decided a couple of weeks ago BRASSSOOOO to leave Big Bird in the garage and hooked up to the battery tender. Would have had to borrow (hopefully) or pay peanuts for a trailer for almost two months. Tow BB to Flagstaff this Friday, then East on I40 to MA starting Sunday afternoon, hoping to avoid any bad weather through Tornado Alley. Too much of a hassle for so little time in the saddle. Now, if the Mrs. of 42 years liked to ride (her initials are on the back seat, but she's never even sat on BB) the bike would have joined us. We're going to use a Christmas gift certificate for two nights at the Eastern Slope Inn Resort in mid July. That might have been a nice ride over the non highway roads. Oh well. Thinking of doing Rolling Thunder next May.

Sounds like a plan, Ghost. Be safe, have fun, hope to catch you at the Spring Fling.

Sounds like a plan, Ghost. Be safe, have fun, hope to catch you at the Spring Fling.

"HOPE to catch you at the Spring Fling?" Supposedly, you've moved heaven and earth to get me at YOUR table (especially since you whined until I agreed to buy a round for YOUR table of 10) so there is no HOPE of meeting up at the SF, there is only guarantee's of meeting. I'll be in jeans and cowboy boots! Oh, forgot to mention, I'm not into hugging males. Handshakes or fist pumps work great for moi! Ask my twin Sons. Still too much hard corps Crusader in me I guess, plus I always liked the "don't let them see you sweat" phrase.

Edited by Ghost

"HOPE to catch you at the Spring Fling?" Supposedly, you've moved heaven and earth to get me at YOUR table (especially since you whined until I agreed to buy a round for YOUR table of 10) so there is no HOPE of meeting up at the SF, there is only guarantee's of meeting. I'll be in jeans and cowboy boots! Oh, forgot to mention, I'm not into hugging males. Handshakes or fist pumps work great for moi! Ask my twin Sons. Still too much hard corps Crusader in me I guess, plus I always liked the "don't let them see you sweat" phrase.

I 'll steal a chair at our table at some point during the night when one of us is not looking, and squeeze you in. I'm 5'4 and will be wearing my elvis sequin shirt, white bell bottoms, and blue suede shoes. I'm into hugging anyone who has sat in on an BAC Ed Denon horn practice. So, despite your giddy up attire this nite, I'm not sure you don't deserve a belated hug. But I 'll do my best to honor your wishes, Ghost.... ps, most of us move around the room from table to table, BAC' Sr's perform too don't forget, so they'll be musical chairs played all nite with attendees at these tables. So we should be able to catch up this nite probably.

Edited by BRASSO

While the signing of the Nation's demand for Independence took place in Washington D.C itself on July 4th,1776

That's parody, because you actually know that the city of Washington wasn't founded until 1791, right?

That's parody, because you actually know that the city of Washington wasn't founded until 1791, right?

Actually, the " parody " is that you apparently are not aware that the Piscataways were there long before the pale face peoples arrived ( if you want to get technical here now on the " founding " date ) There was no central place for the Signing of the Declaration of Independence, as the signers were spread out over the 13 Brittish Colonies, and the Colonies were self governing ( or technically still under the Brittish Crown if you will ) and signed at different locations, different dates. It is stored in modern day Washington, D.C. The Colonies were at war with King George almost a year before they got around to formulating their formal Declarations for Independence and then sent back to their ruling King back in England.

Now back to Boston....

Edited by BRASSO

While the signing of the Nation's demand for Independence took place in Washington D.C itself on July 4th,1776

And except for the fact that there is a dispute over the date of actual signing, with many - perhaps most - scholars today believing that the bulk of signatures took place on August 2, with additional signatories even after that. But in either event - it occured in Philadelphia.

Edited by Eleran

Do they have a tour schedule online? All I find is a link to the DCI tour schedule. Looking for something with a little more detail. Daily housing/rehearsal site kind of thing. Or if somebody could help me with a few specific dates.

Edited by mingusmonk

And except for the fact that there is a dispute over the date of actual signing, with many - perhaps most - scholars today believing that the bulk of signatures took place on August 2, with additional signatories even after that. But in either event - it occured in Philadelphia.

Yes, there is much dispute on dates, locations on the " Signing of the Declaration". I do see how my words were imprecise now, and could lead one to believe it was signed in modern day " Washington, D.C. ", ( where it is stored ). The drafting was done by 5 people, and not in Philly, but some of the signers were in Philly on the event of formal presentations, debates, changes, etc. Philly is most certainly the recognized location for its codification and ultimate adoption. New York delegation, for just one example, were not authorized by their Assembly to sign for it in Philly... and so you are correct, the signers of the Declaration of Independence signed on different dates, different locations, some of it signed by Signers well into early August.

Edited by BRASSO

Do they have a tour schedule online? All I find is a link to the DCI tour schedule. Looking for something with a little more detail. Daily housing/rehearsal site kind of thing. Or if somebody could help me with a few specific dates.

The DCI website itself has each corps tour of scheduled competitions for this season. Just click on the Corps you want on the screen there ( found on the left ). Corps facebook sites have the housing dates updated frequently during the summer season tour. Additionally, this DCP site has threads showing housing sites throughout the summer tours for these Corps as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Since Bill O'Reilly is interested in history, he might add to his Legends & Lies series by doing shows about other history myths/truths.