According to GIANT STEPS:

June 9th - Castleton State College Community Performance

June 11th - Concert in the Park, Downtown Boston

June 12th - Spring Fling, Dorchester

June 13th - Quincy Flag Day Parade

June 14th - Bunker Hill Parade

June 17th - Ashburnham, MA Community Performance

then, leave on tour heading for Ohio

Thanks. Looking to get info through the following week, Michigan City, IN show. When available of course. Then I will be set. Even corps that have easily accessible tour data don't have all of their housing set that far in advance.

Thanks. Looking to get info through the following week, Michigan City, IN show. When available of course. Then I will be set. Even corps that have easily accessible tour data don't have all of their housing set that far in advance.

I thought over the winter BAC was using Google Calendar, but I can't seem to find that anymore...

edit: I found the Google calendar, but it appears they have abandoned using it.

https://www.google.com/calendar/htmlembed?height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=an74q40vb4leaieuv5kgm6hjqs%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23711616&ctz=America%2FNew_York

Edited by Liahona

Hey all, it seems to not have been noticed much, or realized, but BAC is playing at the Esplanade in Boston July 4th; with the Boston Pops. I believe they will be part of the production for the 1812 Overature. They have rehearsal there on the 3rd too. This should be fantastic to go along with their anniverary reunion show in Foxboro and the Tanglewood performance with Blue Devils and the Pops that week.

According to Giant Steps Tour Schedule (bold not on website):

July 3rd: Rehearsal at the Hatch Shell (open to public)

July 4th: Performance at the Hatch Shell

July 6th: Tanglewood Music Center

• Like 1

The Boston Crusaders organization seems to be giving their performers quite a musical experience this summer, imo

Performance in the Financial District in Downtown Boston.

Performance at Tanglewood , Lenox Ma. ( Percussion ) with the Boston Symphony Orchestra

Performance at Hatch Shell Esplanade, ( Charles River ) Downtown Boston, 4th of July Celebration Festivities.

Home Show... Gillette Stadium ( home field of the NFL Super Bowl Champions, N.E. Patriots ), Foxboro, Ma.

Edited by BRASSO

It seems to me that the only printing on the board that is erased daily is the day/date/phrase.

Looks like some of the kitchen volunteers are aware of this thread since today's schedule has a different color for the times. Keep up the great assistance you provide the corps folks.

What? Percussion only?

I thought I heard that BAC and BD would be combining with their Percussion sections only in their appearance at Tanglewood with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Maybe Craiga, Liahona, EMC or someone else more closely aligned with the Corps goings on there could tell us.

Edited by BRASSO

Performance at Tanglewood , Lenox Ma. ( Percussion ) with the Boston Symphony Orchestra

What? Percussion only?

Not sure where Brasso got their info from. Percussion AND Brass sections are involved. And it's the Pops not the BSO. Same parent organization, seperate musical groups.

From the Tanglewood website:

"Tanglewood Brass Spectacular!

Members of the Boston Pops brass and percussion sections perform a one-of-a-kind concert with two of the world's best drum-and-bugle corps: the Boston Crusaders, the third-oldest drum corps in America, celebrating their 75th anniversary; and the sixteen-time Drum Corps International World Champion Blue Devils from Concord, California."
Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 2

I had heard that it would ne just percussion, but according to the Tanglewood link on the BSO's website, the Boston Pops Bras and Percussion sections will join the Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps. My guess would be all musicians of both corps will be involved.

https://bluedevils.org/news/story.php?newsID=626

sounds to me like full groups...