Restarting new corps

Nothing you have said is insurmountable. Only a weak person would be daunted by anything you said. A dedicated person could overcome all of that, and excell in restarting 27th lancers, or any corps.

... A person with guts would make it happen.

First of all, it's been discussed on here ad nauseam that you can't run a corps on will alone, especially not successfully for any length of time.

Second of all, calling anyone gutless and weak for deciding NOT to start up a corps after weighing all the options and making a prudent business decision seems silly to me.

Just sayin' :whistle:

First of all, it's been discussed on here ad nauseam that you can't run a corps on will alone, especially not successfully for any length of time.

Second of all, calling anyone gutless and weak for deciding NOT to start up a corps after weighing all the options and making a prudent business decision seems silly to me.

Just sayin' :whistle:

Exactly....you are just saying.

Why can't a corps be restarted? What is the obstacle to restarting a corps, other than the lack of desire?

While others have said money, I would argue tradition. As much as I love drum corps today, I am an old schooler at heart. When I see Phantom today, I also see them at Harvard Stadium in 1977, the first time I saw them live, and all the years I between. Same holds true for so many corps.I am sure tradition is why I love Troopers, Madison, Cadets, and of course BAC. This for me would be missing if we "restarted" a corps. I would not object to an organization using a corps name, with similar style uniforms, and perhaps using their signature pieces, IF THEY HAVE ALL NECESSARY PERMISSIONS, but it might not be the same.

Now if prove me wrong, you or some other brave soul, you restart a corps, create the same magic of the corps' glory days, I will be grateful, no doubt cheering, buying souvenirs, and my words can be added to the heaping helping of crow I should be eating when it comes to drum corps predictions!

Just a question regarding "crow." On Sunday, I had the smallest chicken leg possible from KFC. Does this qualify as crow?

While others have said money, I would argue tradition. As much as I love drum corps today, I am an old schooler at heart. When I see Phantom today, I also see them at Harvard Stadium in 1977, the first time I saw them live, and all the years I between. Same holds true for so many corps.I am sure tradition is why I love Troopers, Madison, Cadets, and of course BAC. This for me would be missing if we "restarted" a corps. I would not object to an organization using a corps name, with similar style uniforms, and perhaps using their signature pieces, IF THEY HAVE ALL NECESSARY PERMISSIONS, but it might not be the same.

Now if prove me wrong, you or some other brave soul, you restart a corps, create the same magic of the corps' glory days, I will be grateful, no doubt cheering, buying souvenirs, and my words can be added to the heaping helping of crow I should be eating when it comes to drum corps predictions!

Just a question regarding "crow." On Sunday, I had the smallest chicken leg possible from KFC. Does this qualify as crow?

BUT. does re creating the magic need to be similar uniform, , signature pieces etc etc. A return corps can might be smart NOT to try to recreate but make their own NEW magic. Living up to something old can be awful tuff. We all look at the old often with selective memory and for sure those rose colored glasses. A new corps might NEVER live up to that sort of thing.

Also

Railmen

Malden Diplomats/East Coast Jazz

Spartans (WA)

Sancians

Polish Falcon Cadets

Flying Dutchmen (Canada)

Opti-Lancers

Marion Cadets

Saints

Cleveland Caballeros

Buckeyes

Pride of Cincinatti

Southern Tier Grenadiers

Derry Patriots

84th Bucktail Regiment

Royal Brigade

Americanos

Beverly Cardinals

whatever dude - so tired of virtually every thread on this site being an opportunity to #### on Cadets and/or Hopkins by the same 5 or six members

oh now come on, don't ruin people's fun. By fun I mean those of us that make fun of those that post the stuff

:tounge2:

Living up to something old can be awful tuff. We all look at the old often with selective memory and for sure those rose colored glasses. A new corps might NEVER live up to that sort of thing.

Right. So why burden yourself with those expectations when everything else about starting a a corps is enough of a burden already? And what's the point of going through the expense of acquiring a revered old name if you plan to launch with a completely different look/style anyway?

Chickens and Crows are closely related, so maybe a really small chicken leg is crow......

Edited by cdm

Right. So why burden yourself with those expectations when everything else about starting a a corps is enough of a burden already? And what's the point of going through the expense of acquiring a revered old name if you plan to launch with a completely different look/style anyway?

One can create a new and magic without trying to copy the oast and worse expecting it to be received the same way or the same success. As far as your choice of words" Reverend name" . thats interesting..

• Like 2

One can create a new and magic without trying to copy the oast and worse expecting it to be received the same way or the same success. As far as your choice of words" Reverend name" . thats interesting..

Indeed; I was agreeing with you and reinforcing your point.

It's revered, not reverend. Look closely. Different words. "Reverend" would have put a different twist on the meaning, for sure.