2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

I loved C2's show a lot, but they placed where they should have. They simply weren't clean enough to be any higher. If they had been, believe me they would have placed higher.

Dirty? Where? Maybe I should check recaps as I heard they were at least 2nd in perc to Bucs. Now that recaps r up I'll check. No offense, but I am not ashamed to say that I'm too 'Old School Drum Corps', not adaptng at all to the direction and changes. I told myself before leaving for Rochester that buying tickets for next year would depend. Now that DCA is kinda following DCI with respect to the theatrics and amplification, I choose to bow out. I don't follow or attend DCI shows because of those very reasons. What will be next? Saxaphones? Clarinets? Flutes? Ahhhh...Speaking of flutes, saw the poster at the stadium of a flute player and the direction WGI MAY or IS going.

Dirty? Where? Maybe I should check recaps as I heard they were at least 2nd in perc to Bucs. Now that recaps r up I'll check. No offense, but I am not ashamed to say that I'm too 'Old School Drum Corps', not adaptng at all to the direction and changes. I told myself before leaving for Rochester that buying tickets for next year would depend. Now that DCA is kinda following DCI with respect to the theatrics and amplification, I choose to bow out. I don't follow or attend DCI shows because of those very reasons. What will be next? Saxaphones? Clarinets? Flutes? Ahhhh...Speaking of flutes, saw the poster at the stadium of a flute player and the direction WGI MAY or IS going.

Watch feet and listen to the brass. Great performance, but dirty. They've really adapted well to DCA, they just need to fill the holes in June, work on brass fundamentals, and keep improving the guard like they did this year. They do that, they will be a force at the top. Their design this year was really where it needed to be...now they need to take the next step.

DCA isn't "following DCI". They are just stepping into the twenty first century in terms of design. However, much like in DCI, there is absolutely zero push for woodwinds, so you won't see them. WGI has established a Winds category (which I love), but that's a completely different thing.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I enjoyed C2's show this year, but sitting field level last week at Reading, their feet were all over the place, awful intervals/spacing between people, and their brass line had some issues. I think if there was a field brass judge, they wouldn't have placed as high IMO.

Dang just found out one of the Buccs contras/tubas is a former Lancer. IIRC he is college aged...

Just got an email from the Bus Mang with the congrats to him....

Plus a college aged Bucc sop/trumpet few years back..... and that young man did Cadets(1) before Buccs...

Not bad for a corps that never got above 11th at DCA.... :w00t:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I enjoyed C2's show this year, but sitting field level last week at Reading, their feet were all over the place, awful intervals/spacing between people, and their brass line had some issues. I think if there was a field brass judge, they wouldn't have placed as high IMO.

They were a LOT better in Rochester, but there were still issues in those same areas.

Kyle, C2 really stepped it up at Finals. Great performance from them, and I had them moving up to 5th... finally got a prediction correct. :tongue:

Let's face it... they were clearly not as polished overall as the four corps ahead of them. But C2 at Finals had the energy level they pretty much had been missing all season.

Edited by Fran Haring

Kyle, C2 really stepped it up at Finals. Great performance from them, and I had them moving up to 5th... finally got a prediction correct. :tongue:

Let's face it... they were clearly not as polished as the four corps ahead of them. But C2 at Finals had the energy level they pretty much had been missing all season.

Agree, for me it's the 1st time I can say IMO they looked truly like real Cadets.

• Like 2

Prelims percussion

1st - 197 - Buccaneers

2nd - 194 - Minnesota Brass

3rd - 189 - Cadets2

1st-3rd spread = 0..8

Finals percussion

1st - 195 - Buccaneers

2nd - 194 - Cadets2

3rd - 193 - Minnesota Brass

1st-3rd spread = 0.2

Prelims to Finals

Buccaneers dropped .2

Minnesota dropped .1

Cadets2 gained .5

In my best Dalek voice... Explain! Explain!!!

Edited by Ron H

in percussion C2 was very much in the conversation as they should have been. visually and brass, well....they had a great run Sunday, but it was the kind of run they needed 2/3 weeks before to truly contend. Huge kudos to their guard for the massive improvement this summer

Prelims percussion

1st - 197 - Buccaneers

2nd - 194 - Minnesota Brass

3rd - 189 - Cadets2

1st-3rd spread = 0..8

Finals percussion

1st - 195 - Buccaneers

2nd - 194 - Cadets2

3rd - 193 - Minnesota Brass

1st-3rd spread = 0.2

Prelims to Finals

Buccaneers dropped .2

Minnesota dropped .1

Cadets2 gained .5

In my best Dalek voice... Explain! Explain!!!

easy...Neil judged the show of the day. there's no rule that says your score HAS to go up the next day. listening to the tape put up here for C2, they did play a #### great show. he threw out 2 97's with 5 corps to go...ballsy. And in fact, they won the performance subcaption.

most impressive thing about the entire recap is i only saw one sub caption tie

• Like 1