BlueStars 2015 "Side Show"

brians

It would cool if they did Geek Love

The novel is the story of a traveling carnival run by Aloysius "Al" Binewski and his wife "Crystal" Lil. When the business begins to fail, the couple devise an idea to breed their own freak show, using various drugs andradioactive material to alter the genes of their children. The results are Arturo ("Arty"), a boy with flippers for hands and feet; Electra ("Elly") and Iphigenia ("Iphy"), Siamese Twins; Olympia ("Oly"), a hunchbacked albinodwarf; and Fortunato ("Chick"), the normal-looking baby of the family who has telekinetic powers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek_Love

Ah, I probably was hoping you had some insider info, :-)

Dark or light, maybe we just went to different circuses; although I grant you that many in the arts world have struggles with dealing with "happy" themes and seem more comfortable with exploring the tragedies and darkness of life.

I went to the normal circuses as a child, which was past the era of sideshows. I just don't see sideshows as being something bright and cheery types of things. Maybe it's just me though.

• Like 1

I was hoping for a much more flowery and artistic description of the show. I'm so totally bummed now. Hope there's lots of props to dodge instead of actually marching real drill.

I was hoping for a much more flowery and artistic description of the show. I'm so totally bummed now. Hope there's lots of props to dodge instead of actually marching real drill.

lets complain that the only group to make an announcement didn't announce enough.

if you could keep your negativity out of here that would be awesome!

kthxbai.jpg

lets complain that the only group to make an announcement didn't announce enough.

if you could keep your negativity out of here that would be awesome!

kthxbai.jpg

I was joking about the announcement as I think the way almost every corps announces their new "production" is absurd. As for the props - I think they're absurd as well. As far as negativity. Nope - It's here to stay - deal with it.

The show sounds like they could do so much with it! They won't have any problem coming up with enough content to fill this show to the brim with spectacular design and stunts. Excited to see this show to progress.

The word "stunts" makes me concerned...