Cadets 2015

I am not a Cadets fan, but I am obsessed with watching Hops broadcasts on periscope. You have to give props when they are due, and George gets HUGE props on this one. So now...who will be the next corps to periscope something before the season starts?

Z

• Like 1

Design debates aside (and I think there is plenty of room to both criticize and praise)...

Watching the opener made my whole body hurt as I relived my 3 seasons of Sacktig drill.

Truer words have never been spoken...

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the silent drill break where they all raise a hand and do 1-10 in ASL.

He's a SCV/BD troll. But I dislike both of those corps so I guess I'm an east coast troll.

...? What??? I'm a phantom regiment fan and nothing else. All other corps are year to year for me.

Yeah, coming in third by 0.3 is horrible placement. They should be ashamed of that.

98% of everything said on here is opinion. Slicing and dicing what words were used seems pointless.

In my opinion, I like seeing the shows develop over the season and see how scores ebb and flow. The idea that the entire season's value is only what occurs on finals night is too limiting for me. It's fun if your favorite corps/show wins, but looking years back, some of the cadets 2nd and 3rd place finishes are some of my favorite shows. Same with other corps. My favorite BD show wasn't the champion either. Doesn't matter to me.

Just because Cadets were overtaken by a SLIM MARGIN does not mean they didn't have their show together. It could possibly mean that the corps that overtook them had their show MORE together than the Cadets did. "YUCK".

Interesting how everyone assumed I was talking about Cadets 2014 placement. Scores aren't the end-all, be-all in DCI

• Like 2

I disagree with that (kind of). For example, Crown flies around the field pretty frequently playing tons of fantastic melodies and they get rewarded pretty well for it. BUT, I do agree that it opens up the chance for more dirt as we've seen in some of their shows in the not too distant past.

ehh = they flew around the field in 2012, and finished 2nd. In 2013 they did a similar program with a ton less flying around the field, wore dark pants (both ala BD) and were awarded for their compliance (to the judges) with 1. That 2012 program was a beast, but visually they weren't as awarded for it.

so I agree with the (above) thought that Cadets 80/90 style wouldn't be as rewarded. Another example of that is 2007 - when Cadets finished 2nd with a fireworks of drill moves to a much more static BD program built around "effect" instead of stamina

• Like 1

so I agree with the (above) thought that Cadets 80/90 style wouldn't be as rewarded. Another example of that is 2007 - when Cadets finished 2nd with a fireworks of drill moves to a much more static BD program built around "effect" instead of stamina

Wait, when has DCI ever been about whose MM's are most physically fit? I'd rather have corps members marching a la BD and be able to play at full volume (and not out of breath) than running their butts off to some crazy drill and have the sound/cleanliness of the drill suffer. And it's not like BD spends the whole show walking. Take their 2014 opener for example. Quite a bit of jazz running.

...? What??? I'm a phantom regiment fan and nothing else. All other corps are year to year for me.

Well that's better. I love Phantom.

Interesting how everyone assumed I was talking about Cadets 2014 placement. Scores aren't the end-all, be-all in DCI

Well why don't you clarify yourself when you comment on another person's post, thereby eliminating any possible assumptions.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1