Cadets 2015

Is Gabe or anyone else going to make a video of the last Periscope stream for those who don't have that app?

I might volunteer but I don't know how to record it. And they disappear from Periscope after 24 h, so if Gabe or anyone else didn't record them in time, there's probably 10 videos from the last week that are "gone". But it's not like there won't be more.

I haven't looked into it much, but on iPhone id imagine you'd need to jailbreak in order to record what's on the screen. I think it's a lot easier to do on android.

I haven't looked into it much, but on iPhone id imagine you'd need to jailbreak in order to record what's on the screen. I think it's a lot easier to do on android.

It's much easier to record streams with a computer. There's plenty of software available to accomplish this, including browser plug-ins. Screencastify works really well for Chrome users.

Edited by Kamarag

It's much easier to record streams with a computer. There's plenty of software available to accomplish this, including browser plug-ins. Screencastify works really well for Chrome users.

Yeah, it's just that Periscope seems to only exist in App form? Only plays on phones and tablets, of Apple or Droid nature?

Yeah, it's just that Periscope seems to only exist in App form? Only plays on phones and tablets, of Apple or Droid nature?

No. Periscope the app is *only* used to record and stream the event. It is *not* needed to watch the stream. Anyone can watch a Periscope stream on any device (phone, tablet, computer), and in any browser.

No. Periscope the app is *only* used to record and stream the event. It is *not* needed to watch the stream. Anyone can watch a Periscope stream on any device (phone, tablet, computer), and in any browser.

But only through some other website, or a weblink that GH's stream generates? And can you rewatch it for 24h afterward on a desktop, just like in the app?

But only through some other website, or a weblink that GH's stream generates? And can you rewatch it for 24h afterward on a desktop, just like in the app?

The way Periscope works is that the streamer posts the link to the stream via social media, and you use whatever app is on your device to watch it. For example, I can watch George's stream on my computer by clicking the Twitter or Facebook link. If I watch on my iPad or iPhone, the Twitter app itself can handle the stream (I'm oversimplifying, but the net result is correct).

As far as the 24 hour thing goes, I'm not sure, as I've never tried to watch a Periscope stream after the fact.

The way Periscope works is that the streamer posts the link to the stream via social media, and you use whatever app is on your device to watch it. For example, I can watch George's stream on my computer by clicking the Twitter or Facebook link. If I watch on my iPad or iPhone, the Twitter app itself can handle the stream (I'm oversimplifying, but the net result is correct).

As far as the 24 hour thing goes, I'm not sure, as I've never tried to watch a Periscope stream after the fact.

Yar, the 24-hr thing is key, because then you could try to watch it on a PC later on, record the stream and post to Youtube. *shrug*