Cadets 2015

Wow, that last video of Cadets last night is really good. Opener is just non-stop, straight-up drum corps with speed, power, and nice musicality. The ballad is coming along. I was very impressed with the Waltz, which seems to be coming along. Percussion sounds fantastic, as do the french horns. Kind of wish they could use the French Horns a bit more, perhaps a continuation to their feature after they get off the props. Closer looks like it's coming along. Still time to clean and add more drill before Indy. This show will score well, I have no doubt.

The waltz has great potential and has really gotten better since our last chance to view it. Might end up being my favorite section of the show. I'm still not sold on the synth break in the opener, I guess it's supposed to be a flag feature? Just really interrupts things musically

All I can say is - Holy ######! I love what I'm seeing so far. Cadets have always been either all in or all out for me - either I love the show or hate it. Not much in-between. This one is definitely in the "love" column.

The waltz has great potential and has really gotten better since our last chance to view it. Might end up being my favorite section of the show. I'm still not sold on the synth break in the opener, I guess it's supposed to be a flag feature? Just really interrupts things musically

I hope they add a hornline run in there.

• Like 2

The battery is fine.. Two tenors have a stomach bug, a third is abiut to be added to drill, that individual is the replacement tenor and marched 13. Bass player also almost back in.

Thanks George.

Agreed. The Waltz is almost earry in effect. Like listening to an old victrola. The front and back of the show are more traditional drum corps with the ballad and Waltz more WGI ish adding a different dimension of effects. The break at the end of opener, I agree is to add a cool guard feature. Let's just agree that is a work in progress. Show is a monster.

How much longer are the Cadets in Ada?

Not very. They'll be in Indianapolis for a show by this coming Wednesday.

Wow, that last video of Cadets last night is really good. Opener is just non-stop, straight-up drum corps with speed, power, and nice musicality. The ballad is coming along. I was very impressed with the Waltz, which seems to be coming along. Percussion sounds fantastic, as do the french horns. Kind of wish they could use the French Horns a bit more, perhaps a continuation to their feature after they get off the props. Closer looks like it's coming along. Still time to clean and add more drill before Indy. This show will score well, I have no doubt.

I agree about the horns. My hope is that they have some planned additions later on in the season which will feature them more.

From George's facebook page, with the comment "And the plot thickens".........

cadets.jpg

Are these to cover the props, or are they my worst fears realized?