Cadets 2015

Especially considering the velocity and physical environment of their drill while they playing at that level of quality.

For sure: it was really impressive. There show was one that didn't do much for me on paper, but seeing their performance (albeit only on FN), I was really impressed with that corps

Last year alone once was to have Red Pony. App Spring was in ... then out ... then in again. Also once intended to include Swing, Swing, Swing and the Pollack soundtrack. :music:

But I'll take the fluidity over National Secret Drum Corps Program That You Will Know When You Need To Know!

I agree. I'm always fascinated to read about what Cadets' designers have on the tip of their brain for show designs, and then see how those evolve over the winter (and then again in the spring and summer). It doesn't bother me that corps wait until they have all their ducks in a row before announcing a show, but I do appreciate Cadets seemingly keeping fans in-the-know throughout their design process

Last year alone once was to have Red Pony. App Spring was in ... then out ... then in again. Also once intended to include Swing, Swing, Swing and the Pollack soundtrack. :music:

But I'll take the fluidity over National Secret Drum Corps Program That You Will Know When You Need To Know!

I have a feeling that this particular program will survive the winter and appear in June. The piece (Shost 10) has been kicked around by the Cadets design team since '93.

• Like 1

I agree. Considering what is now legal to use in drum corps from an instrumentation and vocal standpoint, they could revisit that material in a totally fresh way.

I completely agree too. In fact, this was my submission during that let the fan's pick the show contest that they ran last year I believe it was. I have always thought that there could be a good drum corps allegory there, where the show would start in a very straight-forwad "old school" manner and then progress through to near the end where there would be trombones blaring, singers, and all heck breaking loose (you know the section I am talking about). Ultimately it would resolve into a simple, straight-forward finale that would reaffirm the Cadets' "faith" in the power of simple drum corps. It would allow them to do all of the modern things while also making us consider what makes the true essence of drum corps. Much like the original Bernstein piece does with religious beliefs. Not that I have given this any thought over the past 20 years or so . . . .

The above posters living in the past and wishing a re-hash of Bernstein's Mass fail to acknowledge that the current licensing restraints put on Bernstein's music by those who now hold the sole rights prohibit any adaption from the scores as Maestro Bernstein originally wrote them. Get a different fantasy to amuse yourselves during the off-season. :-)

The above posters living in the past and wishing a re-hash of Bernstein's Mass fail to acknowledge that the current licensing restraints put on Bernstein's music by those who now hold the sole rights prohibit any adaption from the scores as Maestro Bernstein originally wrote them. Get a different fantasy to amuse yourselves during the off-season. :-)

Really, that's too bad. So many great works lost forever to drum corps and the marching arts world in general. Oh well, on to the next off-season fantasy. That's what the off-season is all about anyway.

I wonder when this happened though. Didn't the Cadets do a Maestro Bernstein show a few years ago with West Side Story? Let's hope they were able to overcome this, since I would not want to have that show have to be removed from DCI media.