Cadets 2015

I hated that show when it first came out. It was so cheesy and weird compared to what Cadets usually did but fell in love with it as the season progressed. It came together nicely and the performance level in all captions was extraordinary,

I can't remember if Dancer was George's pick or Sully's, but George totally bought into it first listen. The funnier part was that Sully was dead-set on it being a piece about a wedding, but maybe Jeff and Greg were thinking of chess. They also discussed the idea of pushing the battery away from the hornline as the piece goes on.

Gino discussed some difficulties early on in training with the mindset and maybe discipline of the hornline, seemed to indicate that it had slipped below Cadets standards while Gino was gone in the early 2000s. But that it came together quickly after some meetings.

Sully had wanted the final girl at the end to be Alice.

I really love hearing the background stories on what brought a show together. I wish this was a regular thing. This on top of what xandandl said about Cadets '83 yesterday in another thread bring so much light into the thought process.

I would love to know why DCI never continued the Show Designer commentary they experimented with back in 2009. I thought it was well received.

I hated that show when it first came out. It was so cheesy and weird compared to what Cadets usually did but fell in love with it as the season progressed. It came together nicely and the performance level in all captions was extraordinary,

The show made me feel like I was sleeping having a nightmare (in a good way).

I can't remember if Dancer was George's pick or Sully's, but George totally bought into it first listen. The funnier part was that Sully was dead-set on it being a piece about a wedding, but maybe Jeff and Greg were thinking of chess. They also discussed the idea of pushing the battery away from the hornline as the piece goes on.

Gino discussed some difficulties early on in training with the mindset and maybe discipline of the hornline, seemed to indicate that it had slipped below Cadets standards while Gino was gone in the early 2000s. But that it came together quickly after some meetings.

Sully had wanted the final girl at the end to be Alice.

That would've been cool, and IMO would've worked well even on its own w/out knowledge that 2006 would be an "Alice in Wonderland" show! I get why he stuck with the DCI judge, and at that point I guess why bother changing stuff: they were up by 1.5 after Quarters, & a little under a point in Semis so changing stuff wouldn't have seemed necessary. But it would've been cool to see

I really love hearing the background stories on what brought a show together. I wish this was a regular thing. This on top of what xandandl said about Cadets '83 yesterday in another thread bring so much light into the thought process.

I would love to know why DCI never continued the Show Designer commentary they experimented with back in 2009. I thought it was well received.

I am sooo with you. I really thought that was one of the cooler aspects, and would be fairly easy for corps to implement, even w/out putting them on DVD's or Blu-rays (i.e. a show designer could do their own audio-track for FN that could be synced with a video of the show and then sold for a few bucks). That type of insight is VERY interesting to me, and often makes me appreciate a show much much more than originally. I wonder if people would "soften" their criticism of show design if they really knew intent or subtleties or design elements (or at least give them appreciation).

Anyone know if any corps does something like this? Do BD or Cadets do this with their own subscription service?

This may be a little too forward for some of you, but I've had great luck with just firing an email off to the group directors when I want more information about a Wgi show during the latter stages of the season.

• Like 1

This may be a little too forward for some of you, but I've had great luck with just firing an email off to the group directors when I want more information about a Wgi show during the latter stages of the season.

It's funny, I've said that on DCP many times, and you are correct, it works! Unfortunately some would rather complain, disagree, dispute on here, rather than going straight to the source and getting the real answer.

Back in 2010 Cadets, Crown and Cavies had a show in Allentown. Each performed twice and the program coordinator explained the show to the audience. Very,very cool.

Just add a Director's Commentary option to the DCI Finals Blue-Ray ... they could raise the prices to $250!!

They were doing that for a time, with at least the Top 6. Have they since stopped?