Cadets 2015

Shift to Bruno full time is a plus plus for Cadets and guard.

But the underlying question remains: Compared to other Cadets captions, why the too frequent turnover in Cadets' guard leadership?

Change of life/vocation seems to be a standard response (nursing, teaching, motherhood) for all changes except Jonathan Schwartz. Fallback always seems Hopkins turning to his daughter.

Bruno's vast experience (Cadets,Cavaliers,Boston, WGI consults and judging) and his personality and admin. talents should make this transition glide easily. Good choice.

• Like 1

Katie is trained in dance and body movement but that's a far stretch from spinning. Bruno fits in there well. Cavies were sick under his reign and Eric will be present for Spring training and key weeks throughout Summer..,

Katie is trained in dance and body movement but that's a far stretch from spinning. Bruno fits in there well. Cavies were sick under his reign and Eric will be present for Spring training and key weeks throughout Summer..,

That's from where I recognize his name! Man cavies' guard was the shiznit!

Don't want to start a new topic, but did anyone join the Cadets webinar this evening? Super interesting inside scoop on their 2005/06 seasons. Learned about things that I wasn't even aware of like how 2005 was initially super heavily inspired by Tarantino's cinematography, especially from Kill Bill, woah!

Don't want to start a new topic, but did anyone join the Cadets webinar this evening? Super interesting inside scoop on their 2005/06 seasons. Learned about things that I wasn't even aware of like how 2005 was initially super heavily inspired by Tarantino's cinematography, especially from Kill Bill, woah!

I can see that quite a bit now that you say that......wish I coulda caught that, explains the Twisted Nerve theme in there at the beginning. LOVE Kill Bill! I've always wondered too if there was any inspiration from the film "Dancer in the Dark" where they got the ballad from.

Edited by DrumManTx

I can see that quite a bit now that you say that......wish I coulda caught that, explains the Twisted Nerve theme in there at the beginning. LOVE Kill Bill! I've always wondered too if there was any inspiration from the film "Dancer in the Dark" where they got the ballad from.

The school girl guard uniform came from Kill Bill as well. It was also Interesting how the "Judge" guard performer at end was supposed to be a joke only meant to happen during quarterfinals, Marc Sylvester seems to regret letting it happen past that. Alice was supposed to come out from the door at the end which would set the stage for 2006's sequel or "part four".

The school girl guard uniform came from Kill Bill as well. It was also Interesting how the "Judge" guard performer at end was supposed to be a joke only meant to happen during quarterfinals, Marc Sylvester seems to regret letting it happen past that. Alice was supposed to come out from the door at the end which would set the stage for 2006's sequel or "part four".

I was hoping on finals night that George would come out of the door in a school girl uniform.

• Like 1

I was hoping on finals night that George would come out of the door in a school girl uniform.

He'd still be trying to fund raise enough sponsors so to choose an endorsed tartan plaid for the skirt!

While Sully philosophizes now about this movie and that, he always told the corps in '05 and '06 that the school girl in uniform was based on the character on Saturday Night Live, Mary Katherine Gallagher. note the similarities yourself. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mary-katherine-gallagher-at-st-monicas-talent-auditions/n10751

He often has many different interpretations if you give him enough time, space, and ... attention.

Edited by xandandl

I can't remember if Dancer was George's pick or Sully's, but George totally bought into it first listen. The funnier part was that Sully was dead-set on it being a piece about a wedding, but maybe Jeff and Greg were thinking of chess. They also discussed the idea of pushing the battery away from the hornline as the piece goes on.

Gino discussed some difficulties early on in training with the mindset and maybe discipline of the hornline, seemed to indicate that it had slipped below Cadets standards while Gino was gone in the early 2000s. But that it came together quickly after some meetings.

Sully had wanted the final girl at the end to be Alice.