Cadets 2015

Dear Garphield,

Tick: it's Sacktig.

Yes 10 snares who will become 10 quads (but can you call them quads anymore if there are 10 of them?)

And to assess those 10 members constantly it might help to remember that this is also the Tribute to Earl Joyce, DCI HoFer who passed away this winter.

He with Marie Grana's brother Hank instituted the "running judges" back in the days of the tick-sheet and the upping of tempos. For those who can't keep up, there is always the slo-mo button on your DVD. But then again, that slo-mo just might appear at one point of the show.... Slo-mo was well used in the Les Miz show in Kansas City. We shall see.

Wow, '89 Cadets was, wow. Wasn't that one of a couple (or several) years they did the slo-mo?

Plates!

On to "To Tame the Perilous Skies"

Yup.

So many of the MMs of the two shows you mention above are instructors/designers for the top 12 corps we are viewing today. The number of Cadet alums doings so is astounding!!!

Edited by xandandl

Yup.

So many of the MMs of the two shows you mention above are instructors/designers for the top 12 corps we are viewing today. The number of Cadet alums doings so is astounding!!!

How many Cadets alums are teaching Crown and Coats?

As of right now specifically with Coats, I know of 4 I can name off hand, three with whom I marched.

Edited by 2000Cadet

As of right now specifically with Coats, I know of 4 I can name off hand, three with whom I marched.

Back in 2004 at Cap Reg almost the entire brass and visual staff (minus I think like one guy) were former Cadets or Cadets staffers.

Some of us took to calling ourselves "Junior Varsity" or "Cadets B Team".

....we still marched left-foot first though.

Edited by geluf

Well, let's take Coats first:

18 current 2015 Bluecoats' faculty who have been part of the Cadets' family.

Ricardo Brown, Josh Gall, Sarah Paradis, Jon Vanderkolff, Tom Rarick, Tom Gasparrini, Mike Fanning, Jason Bentley, Patrick Crowley (former DM and horn sgt.), Sam Ambrose, Daniel Bentley (the running Cadet), and Lloyd Ferguson all were Cadet MMs.

Mike Scott, Derek Gibson, Errick Prince, Dean Westman, Jim Moore, and Greg Lagola also served with the Cadets.

So that's more than half of Coats' design team, most of their brass staff, and almost all their visual staff key figures.

Interesting note: Tom Gasparrini, a former Cadet battery member, is publicly on record on the Bluecoats' staff page as predicting the Cadets will win 12 DCI World Championships!! I wonder if he told Dave Glasgow???

Edited by xandandl

As Carolina Crown has yet to announce publicly their 2015 complete faculty as well as their show details, it would be inappropriate protocol to pre-announce this here now. (Rumor has it that they are still dickering with some of the visual techs on free agency clauses in the contracts and retirment perks.)

However, look at what is publicly known and one can't help to be impressed with the Cadet connection.

Crown's key arrangers and and caption heads who marched as Cadets MMs include Michael Klesch (former Cadet DM), Keith Potter, Leon May and Tom Aungst who marched Cadets while Thom Hannum was on Cadets faculty.)

And both Jim Coates and Brad Martin in Crown's front office served with Cadets for formative years of their career.

Edited by xandandl

And then there is at Phantom Regiment with 5 Cadet alums, 2 former Cadet DMs, 1 former Cadet CG Captain, and 2 past faculty members: They are past Cadets MMs

Paul Nye (DM), Philip Traini (CGC), Andrea Brown, Jon Tirado, and Dr. Will Plenk (DM) who has an added honor of being part of the Ithaca College trio at Regiment '15.

They join past Cadets faculty members Don Hill and Curtis Uhlemann.

Also a shout out to Jeremy Earnhart there whom this poster has known since JE was a little kid watching the Stan Earnhart bands on L.I. at Mineola, Sewanaka, and Floral Park Memorial.

Edited by xandandl

Cadets and Crown are going to make me very happy this season.

Drum corps will be so awesome across the board this year!!!

• Like 1