Cadets 2015

I thought the cummerbund changes were cool. A simple way to visually illustrate the various sections of the show.

I agree that the idea was cool, but there were too many times where things didn't go as planned, which ruined the moment.

And there were too many times when you can see the cummerbunds falling off the uniforms.

• Like 1

And there were too many times when you can see the cummerbunds falling off the uniforms.

or one color bleeding out under the other on top of it, killing the surprise and the classic trim fit of the Cadet uniform.

The blue was different but fine.

The mustard, particularly with the center horizontal stripe of a different material which came across in the box as a different color, was ugly which it was meant to be given the matter of the Depression and horrors of WWII. However, against the rest of the usual Cadet uniform it was distracting, not helpful.

I found the last cummerbund particularly ineffective, too pastel, too blah compared to the dynamism expected for the closer, the finale, the big push. Compared to the bright sunshine yellow of the traditional Cadet cummerbund, it was too much like a under ripe banana, without verve. When the banners, and Oprah, failed to rouse the crowd, the banana split didn't engage them either. As Jay Kennedy said on his GE tape once during last season and criticizing the banner of the Capital instead of it being the White House since the show was about Presidents, not Congress, nice attempt but...

Looking at the clothing designs of those designers Hopkins usually consults on fabric matters and even the way they clothe themselves in public, I fear whenever I hear Hopkins says he's tinkering with the classic uniform. It's more like social deconstructionism rather than creativity adding to beauty. In other words, novelty for novelty's sake with some supplier making money at the expense of the kids..

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

or one color bleeding out under the other on tI'of it, killing the surprise and the classic trim fit of the Cadet uniform.

The blue was different but fine.

The mustard, particularly with the center horizontal stripe of a different material which came across in the box as a different color, was ugly which it was meant to be given the matter of the Depression and horrors of WWII. However, against the rest of the usual Cadet uniform it was distracting, not helpful.

I found the last cummerbund particularly ineffective, too pastel, too blah compared to the dynamism expected for the closer, the finale, the big push. Compared to the bright sunshine yellow of the traditional Cadet cummerbund, it was too much like a under ripe banana, without verve. When the banners, and Oprah, failed to rouse the crowd, the banana split didn't engage them either. As Jay Kennedy said on his GE tape once during last season and criticizing the banner of the Capital instead of it being the White House since the show was about Presidents, not Congress, nice attempt but...

Looking at the clothing designs of those designers Hopkins usually consults on fabric matters and even the way they clothe themselves in public, I fear whenever I hear Hopkins says he's tinkering with the classic uniform. It's more like social deconstructionism rather than creativity adding to beauty. In other words, novelty for novelty's sake with some supplier making money at the expense of the kids..

I cringe when ever I hear that Hopkins is tinkering with anything related to the Cadets. I'm not an anti Hopkins guy, but his design choices have become awful over recent years. The Cadets are in need of fresh ideas from someone other than Hop.

• Like 1

I cringe when ever I hear that Hopkins is tinkering with anything related to the Cadets. I'm not an anti Hopkins guy, but his design choices have become awful over recent years. The Cadets are in need of fresh ideas from someone other than Hop.

Is GH the only person who makes the design choices or do some choices by others get his blessing?

Is GH the only person who makes the design choices or do some choices by others get his blessing?

Did you ever see the movie "The Devil wears Prada?" Miranda watching as designers shoot out ideas... A small glance down and away means you're idea is out.. Same in Cadetland. When he presents an idea, there is a mandatory standing ovation by staff and even the cleaning people if they're in the building. Even when he decides to play jingle bells.. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Did you ever see the movie "The Devil wears Prada?" Miranda watching as designers shoot out ideas... A small glance down and away means you're idea is out.. Same in Cadetland. When he presents an idea, there is a mandatory standing ovation by staff and even the cleaning people if they're in the building. Even when he decides to play jingle bells..

Are you in fact giving him the DCP code name "Miranda" at least for the 2015 season?

Does Michael Boo have to approve to make it official???

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Are you in fact giving him the DCP code name "Miranda" at least for the 2015 season?

Does Michael Boo have to approve to make it official???

From this moment forward, my posts will refer to GH as Miranda. Yes, yes I will proceed with that change. Mark it down everyone.

• Like 4