Cavaliers 2015

The 2000s Cavaliers drill was almost always amazing (peaking in 2008, in my opinion), but most of their original music didn't appeal to me. Except for "Spin Cycle". That's an all-time favorite. (Although I can understand why it lost to Blue Devils.)

Anyway, it's great to read these reports. From the sound of these comments, it sounds like Cavaliers could contend for a medal.

Too early to say about a medal, but they're set up for success. There's a lot of competition though. They're ahead of where they've been recently for now.

For a small donation, that show was definitely worth it. I'm far from being a big fan of theirs, but it was a nice couple of hours and I donate/buy from many of the corps. The Cavies have a cool show this year, and their brass book has a heck of a lot more meat in it than recent years.

If something can be done about the voice in the run section, I'll be sold.

The 2000s Cavaliers drill was almost always amazing (peaking in 2008, in my opinion), but most of their original music didn't appeal to me. Except for "Spin Cycle". That's an all-time favorite. (Although I can understand why it lost to Blue Devils.)

Anyway, it's great to read these reports. From the sound of these comments, it sounds like Cavaliers could contend for a medal.

Speaking of Spin Cycle, their guard uniforms remind me of that year.

I absolutely love the music in this show. I think this could end up being up there in my favorite Cavaliers shows if this is what they have now. That's how you use those props.

Where's this show posted? I wanna see it!

Speaking of Spin Cycle, their guard uniforms remind me of that year.

Where's this show posted? I wanna see it!

Unfortunately it was only live last night, they don't periscope.

But they will be in the theaters shortly.

Also on the medal contention, I believe they will be definitely competing for 5th. Not a medal just yet.

I think this version of the Cavaliers reminds a bit of their 2011 group. Maybe not necessarily the show concept, but the overall vibe, look and feel of the corps. I'm sensing more maturity again from the Cavaliers and more of that confidence that they always used to have in performance, pre 2012. The music book proper (percussion and brass) may end up being my favorite from them since about 2008 and I think it has top 5 potential in music again for the first time in several years.

What will be interesting is to see how this show is rewarded early season. If the impression is that this design team has their "swagger" back, it could very well mean a push back into the elite of DCI for the Green Team! That would be way cool to see and DCI is healthier when teams like Cavies, Troopers, Spirit, etc. are back in the mix and doing well. Excited for the season!!

• Like 1

I would hope the people in the audience respected Mr. Ackerson's wishes before the start of the preview show and will not be posting anything online, since they were asked not to video anything last night (copyright and all). That being said the show is much more mature than the past couple of years, the hornline is playing some notes for sure, I'm skeptical about the vocal part but it is a very short segment, and I'm excited to hear (and see) the rest of the closer. This should be a fun one.