Carolina Crown 2015

Just rewatched e=mc2. I have to say, NO ONE does emotion like Crown. Just a beautifully written program from beginning to end. I hope I'll not be disappointed by a dark Crown in 2015.

• Like 1

Just rewatched e=mc2. I have to say, NO ONE does emotion like Crown. Just a beautifully written program from beginning to end. I hope I'll not be disappointed by a dark Crown in 2015.

My love for that show is no secret. I have just one CD in the car and it's that one.

Had The_Kid out to practice his driving over the weekend and put the CD in to try to distract his attention. Cranked through Crown, BD, and Cadets. As much as I love that Crown show, I almost equally like BD's show. Cadets drum book was a category-killer.

I've learned to not pre-judge any of these corps or shows. What I think I might see, if I can even visualize it with the source music, is usually nothing like what I actually see and I trust that I'll be dazzled regardless of what takes shape in their designer's and writer's eyes.

Truly, though, E-MC2 is up there in my Top-3 favorites for, like, ever.

• Like 1

If anyone has Chrome and wants my theme.....way back a few days after they won the title I created a theme for Chrome.... as a tribute to 2013 Crown...https://www.mychrometheme.com/t/gigg4kvni0vyqnalk94haa82

Edited by msumello

Crown too will be Spring Training on a new field................................................................................................................surface.

11119428_10153296152537641_7783715824770

Huge difference for them. They were very limited with stadium time (because of the natural surface).

As I understand it they now have unlimited access to the stadium during ST.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me. Tolkien's tendency to claim he could "rewrite the source stories others used in the classics and make them better" [not an exact quote] is pretty well known. The Last March of the Ents is basically his rewrite of Shakespeare's Birnam Wood.

And that would be particularly true if he had mixed feelings about the supposed classic, as he most certainly did about the Scottish play. To return to The Divine Comedy, Tolkien said in an interview that Dante "doesn't attract me. He's full of spite and malice. I don't care for his petty relations with petty people in petty cities", and yet Tolkien was for a decade a member of Oxford's very select Dante Society (along with C.S. Lewis).

All of that, of course, is a bit off topic. Who knows how much Crown's show will really have to do with Dante's poem? (Will it acknowledge, for instance, that the sinners in Hell are there because they have chosen to be?) As I said in response to HornTeacher's "Jim Valvano" post, there's only so much intellectual and emotional content that an eleven-minute drum corps performance can contain! But given that Crown's shows have been my favorite or second favorite in each of the past three years, I have every reason to expect they'll delight or thrill in unexpected ways.

are "visuals" setting drill?