Carolina Crown 2015

If only. My favorite bit of drum corps music ever. Funky chords, wonderful fanfares, and positional sound. ....and those mellophones were especially sublime... Crown and club would most certainly do Belshazzar's Feast justice, AND a Belshazzar show could go well thematically as a transition from this year's show ( Hell theme) to a lighter show ( Heaven theme)....

This recent incarnation would also be great with other Sir William Walton music, especially Walton's First Symphony ( which they've done before). The current Carolina Crown would sound especially wonderful with the Johannesburg Festival Overture and Richard III music.

The show is dark, but I wouldn't say overly dark. I think they're doing a great job of making the music accessible (at least from what we heard) to drum corps audiences. They're still figuring out the intro, and there was some "chanting" that was introduced at this past weekend's camp. Going back and looking at my video, the drumline should be improved. And the horns will be solid as well. This show is going to take a little getting used to, but I get the feeling its going to be the start of a new chapter for the corps. I did get the feeling that this group might be a little younger than past groups, especially in the battery and low brass, but not in a bad way.

• Like 3

Note to self, "Pack right corps clothes for corps camp next time."

https://www.facebook.com/carolinacrown/photos/pcb.10153268723377641/10153268720602641/?type=1&theater

i see nothing wrong with wearing the CWP jacket. where you march in the winter really has no bearing on your corps in the summer. it's a different world. geography plays a far greater role in the choice of winter programs for most performers.

(and anyone affiliated with CWP can and should be #### prould of their accomplishments in their 1st two years. what they've done is pretty much unparalleled in WGI )

• Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/carolinacrown/photos/pcb.10153268723377641/10153268720602641/?type=1&theater

Blasphemy. Cadetness infiltrating the Crowndom.

Where's the issue?

I marched in the late 90's with members that came from other organizations/corps and they would wear apparel from those groups.

People are proud of where they've come from and respect other organizations, so why criticize the kid?

• Like 2

The "kid" in question is not MM but staff, no?

It's like wearing your wedding ring from your first wife after you have married the second.

Exactly! I'll never do that again...

If it is true that Crown is doing an Inferno based show, (and we still have several weeks to find out based on previous Crown announcements,) the question may be WHY?

Well, a friend in Rome reminded me that yesterday (5/4) was Dante's 750th birthday!

Buon compleanno, tanti auguri.

(Surprised that Corpsband didn't beat me to this.)

• Like 1

If it is true that Crown is doing an Inferno based show, (and we still have several weeks to find out based on previous Crown announcements,) the question may be WHY?

Well, a friend in Rome reminded me that yesterday (5/4) was Dante's 750th birthday!

Buon compleanno, tanti auguri.

(Surprised that Corpsband didn't beat me to this.)

...and he doesn't look a year older than 737. :tounge2: