Carolina Crown 2015

Red fabric that they use to cover the hornline in the ballad got twisted and didn't cover the whole hornline like it's supposed to. While taking the fabric back to the sideline, it got caught on a couple horns and nearly tugged the horns out of the players' hands. I'm sure they'll get it worked out next time.

Ouch. Yeah, I think they'll get those kinks worked out. (Though I don't I ever went a show in 92 where the opening kite didn't nearly knock my helmet off.)

It sure didn't feel like a 6th place drum line.

Well, sixth place meant one point out of first tonight. In Finals last year, they were 1.3 back. So a slight improvement?

I hope the videographers tonight catch a similar p.o.v.

Well, I think they wanted to get that shot tonight, but...

While looking at the recap I noticed crown scored 4th in percussion achievement and 6th in content. This is definitely flipped to how I would like to see it. I'm not a percussion guy and it kills me to see it be their Achilles heel....every.....flipping.....year.

While looking at the recap I noticed crown scored 4th in percussion achievement and 6th in content. This is definitely flipped to how I would like to see it. I'm not a percussion guy and it kills me to see it be their Achilles heel....every.....flipping.....year.

One judge...one night. It's a long season ahead. Keep your chin up.

• Like 2

It's not just drumline...front ensemble counts too...and my impression at the theater last night was that Crown's front ensemble is far from the level of the other corps that were competing. I was impressed with their battery but not their pit at all.

• Like 1

I agree with some that think Crown was just a little nervous last night. They are definitely going to be contenders once they get the show together. I wasn't blown away by any corp. last night, but for the first run out of the gate, I think everyone needs to watch out for Crown. I will be seeing the show at the Rose Bowl next week and will have a better perspective on how some of the other corps shows are shaping up. We'll see. Excited for 2015!

• Like 1

Was talking to a buddy in the hornline. They were ###### about the fabric.. staff and kids. That won't be happening again, apparently. They're gonna do it differently, how, Idk. Maybe a different fold.

My thoughts: Percussion was not 6th, rather 4th. I agree with most everything else said by the judges, however I would have placed their GE higher than Cadets. I may just have some sort of bias against the cadets, so don't take what I have to say with more than a grain of salt. I just think (as a trumpet player's perspective) that Crown out performed the Cadets, so did the Bluecoats.

• Like 1

We went to Indy yesterday for the premier. There is a striking difference in the speakers that Crown uses compared to the others. Crown's speakers are comparatively small - but that horn line... wow, they're loud as they are great!

Big speakers, Crown don't need no big stink 'in speakers!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Never mind; my misunderstanding.

Edited by N.E. Brigand