Carolina Crown 2015

...and who knows what they have planned for the real ending...

perhaps a large banner - this time coming from the back over the corps - and the drill changing to a crown while the corps is hidden beneath it ... that would probably set the crowd on fire!

That sounds like an excellent idea! I kinda hope this happens now :bigsmile:

...and who knows what they have planned for the real ending...

perhaps a large banner - this time coming from the back over the corps - and the drill changing to a crown while the corps is hidden beneath it ... that would probably set the crowd on fire!

That would be amazing. You should seriously submit that idea to Crown's design team.

Crown isn't exactly known for their visual strengths. Sure, there are some baller things, but in general we see a lot of spacing issues at times, and some people just don't commit to the visual. This show is already showing more visual promise than last years. Last year was kind of yucky in terms of individual visual performance. Most notably is during, and directly after the ballad.

To not be "known for visual strengths", over the past five years, is still to be pretty strong, though.

These are the Finals performance/proficiency, ensemble/analysis, color guard, and overall visual placements for Crown:

2010 -- 5th -- 3rd -- 4th = 4th

2011 -- 4th -- 5th -- 5th = 5th

2012 -- 1st -- 3rd -- 3rd = 2nd

2013 -- 2nd -- 1st -- 2nd = 2nd

2014 -- 3rd -- 5th -- 3rd = 4th

• Like 2

To not be "known for visual strengths", over the past five years, is still to be pretty strong, though.

These are the Finals performance/proficiency, ensemble/analysis, color guard, and overall visual placements for Crown:

stupid facts.

since Crown's current visual team arrived (Ron Hardin's team) , they've been clean (both drill and feet). visual is NOT a weak caption for them.

they occasionally miss on design ( IMO through ambition mostly and as frustrating as that is, it's who they are) and they were missing on perc (which bled into music captions last season). and i dont think THAT's going be happening again this season.

people think im just honking when i say:

"what happens when crown fixes their glaring weakness? "

i'm not.

they could become very scary good.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Wow they got 2nd in visual in 2012? That visual program was incredibly challenging considering their musical book.

stupid facts.

since Crown's current visual team arrived (Ron Hardin's team) , they've been clean (both drill and feet). visual is NOT a weak caption for them.

they occasionally miss on design ( IMO through ambition mostly and as frustrating as that is, it's who they are) and they were missing on perc (which bled into music captions last season). and i dont think THAT's going be happening again this season.

people think im just honking when i say:

"what happens when crown fixes their glaring weakness? "

i'm not.

they could become very scary good.

And they will become scary good. They're headed in that direction at least!

• Like 1