Carolina Crown 2015

Was talking to a buddy in the hornline. They were ###### about the fabric.. staff and kids. That won't be happening again, apparently. They're gonna do it differently, how, Idk. Maybe a different fold.

My thoughts: Percussion was not 6th, rather 4th. I agree with most everything else said by the judges, however I would have placed their GE higher than Cadets. I may just have some sort of bias against the cadets, so don't take what I have to say with more than a grain of salt. I just think (as a trumpet player's perspective) that Crown out performed the Cadets, so did the Bluecoats.

I disagree. While crown was noticeably cleaner, they were also marching noticeably easier drill and music. No one is going to be out doing the Cadets this season in the number of notes. Personally, I think the Bluecoats and Cadets should've been swapped, but I think Crown is exactly where they're supposed to be at the moment. They need to add some more GE and demand into their show because as of now, the concept of "Inferno" is barely there.

Was talking to a buddy in the hornline. They were ###### about the fabric.. staff and kids. That won't be happening again, apparently. They're gonna do it differently, how, Idk. Maybe a different fold.

I was impressed that they kept their composure as well as they did during and after that. It was about as big an "oh shiz" moment as you can have with it tangled, pulled on people's faces and horns etc., yet they didn't noticeably panic and went on to the next thing, knowing that a huge GE moment had just disastrously bombed, without appearing too shaky. It was odd how they came out late and rushed the setup, so I assume it got twisted during that time. If they aren't doing it already, it would make sense to have it secured with velcro straps while they carry it around, so that the folds don't shift in transit.

Glad the fabric issue happened early, and not a late season occurrence. That one issue could have made up the .2 for 2nd in the GE2 category, and got them closer to the Cadets' 28.7. I also notice spacing issues throughout the show in the Bass line with one of the base drummers missing. I lot to clean up and can certainly make up the difference. Can't wait to see them in Akron Saturday, baring this crazy rain we have been having in OH.

Glad the fabric issue happened early, and not a late season occurrence. That one issue could have made up the .2 for 2nd in the GE2 category, and got them closer to the Cadets' 28.7. I also notice spacing issues throughout the show in the Bass line with one of the base drummers missing. I lot to clean up and can certainly make up the difference. Can't wait to see them in Akron Saturday, baring this crazy rain we have been having in OH.

It was a bad run in general for Crown. There was also an ensemble tear that could've led to the low percussion score and music analysis score. I do think they'll be a lot more competitive after one run. The real question is if they will be competitive as other corps start making changes as well.

I disagree. While crown was noticeably cleaner, they were also marching noticeably easier drill and music. No one is going to be out doing the Cadets this season in the number of notes. Personally, I think the Bluecoats and Cadets should've been swapped, but I think Crown is exactly where they're supposed to be at the moment. They need to add some more GE and demand into their show because as of now, the concept of "Inferno" is barely there.I

I disagree. Crown's music is noticeably more difficult than the BlueCoats in both the 2015 & 2014 seasons.

-Carry On! :cool:

Anyone else notice?

1. The upside down crown in the opening set?

2. The upside down rotating 3D prism in the second production?

• Like 1

I disagree. Crown's music is noticeably more difficult than the BlueCoats in both the 2015 & 2014 seasons.

-Carry On! :cool:

I agree with you on 2014, not too sure about 2015 yet.