Blue Knights 2015

It's amusing that as far back as 2010, one regular contributor to these forums argued that the corps who played Regina Spektor's music was the opposite of "daring", because her work is actually "middle of the road", "unobtrusive", and "iTunes-approved". Despite that argument, and acknowledging also that the Cypress Bay winterguard used this very song in their 2010 show, I am, as a fan of Spektor's work, glad to see this song being played. I look forward to seeing what BK makes of it.

• Like 3

The whole brass line will be playing baritone, euphonium and mellophone when they play Because. It sounds rather awesome.

Cool. I enjoy it when corps do that. Should make for a moment.

The whole brass line will be playing baritone, euphonium and mellophone when they play Because. It sounds rather awesome.

Not sure I'm pleased to hear there will be no Tuba sound in there. That low end is quite foundational to chord structure and keeps pieces from sounding bright or top heavy. I'm sure I'll have to wait and see, but before I hear anything I am not a fan of the proposition.

Not sure I'm pleased to hear there will be no Tuba sound in there. That low end is quite foundational to chord structure and keeps pieces from sounding bright or top heavy. I'm sure I'll have to wait and see, but before I hear anything I am not a fan of the proposition.

The front ensemble is playing also. Maybe that's where they'll get their lows and highs. Also, I suspect there will be some narration mixed in with the piece.

• Like 1

The front ensemble is playing also. Maybe that's where they'll get their lows and highs. Also, I suspect there will be some narration mixed in with the piece.

I just hope they don't replace contras with blasting synthesizer lows.

• Like 1

I just hope they don't replace contras with blasting synthesizer lows.

Agreed. The prospect of a synth bringing the low end and lots of narration is not an appeasing thought.

• Like 1

Or.... Give it time see what they do with it.... Kinda silly to speculate what not to like until we hear it. Just saying:)

. Kinda silly to speculate what not to like until we hear it. Just saying:)

Oh com'on Wes.. being silly has never stopped us before ( haha!). Besides, some of us here chose to be silly,.. well... just because.

Ok, 'nuff of that. Sounds like an intriguing theme and some intriguing music... so I'm looking forward to the show.