Petition to Air DCI Finals on CBS

One thing that did just occur to me: Would DCI even desire the finals to be shown over television airwaves? Other than the possibility of drawing "new" fan interest, DCI, as far as I know (which is admittedly of a very scant amount in matters such as this), would not gain financially from such an arrangement. I would assume that the current practice of showing Finals live through movie-house airings does result in at least some (I would hope) financial benefit to the organization. Would showing it live (i.e., "free") to the general public actually result in a loss of revenue to DCI?

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Look.....Jim Rome is a tool, and probably a tin eared tool at that. You could probably sit him right in front of the Crown brass or the SCV drum line, and he wouldn't perceive nor appreciate the excellence right there blowing the smug off his face. DCI is not going to show up on CBS (and, I signed the petition for grins). It might be said that the sharp end of the musical arts has never been appreciated by the masses, and certainly not by individuals like Rome....such is life.

Edited by brichtimp

I'm sorry, but all I could think of after hearing about his tweet was this picture that got taken during all days in 2011. I had to do it...

vQ5CcUc.jpg

• Like 2

Wish CNN would have shown the pic of the USMC contra line in there.....

There's a story on the front page of CNN about Rome's tweet that mentions the DCI petition:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/03/showbiz/feat-jim-rome-apologizes/index.html

Wow...CNN's new page design is entirely unreadable.

That said, the US Army Field Band's tweet was classic.

I can't say I was terribly offended by the tweet. I was gladly a "band geek" in high school, though our band didn't really have that stereotype at our school. The football coach held us out to his players as harder workers and more disciplined they could ever think to be. 8 of the top 10 in our graduating class of 315 were in marching band. I'll take that as a success.

• Like 1