The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Okay, stop EVERYTHING you're doing and listen to this piece I'm about to post. It's by Joseph Hellmesberger Jr., and it's called "Danse Diabolique," and not a single drum corps has EVER done it (I checked corpsreps). Literally, all you'd have to do to get this piece to work is change the instrumentation. It's fast, it's technical, and it's VERY exciting (all of these add up to "crowd-pleasing.") It's perfect!

...well, there's also the downside that it's wicked hard, but that's why they have all summer to rehearse it, right? :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRkkLAFOWoc

Great! I doubt any modern corps would try that in the hornline. Maybe put a lot of it in the pit.

Not that quite a few hornlines couldn't pull it off!)

Okay, stop EVERYTHING you're doing and listen to this piece I'm about to post. It's by Joseph Hellmesberger Jr., and it's called "Danse Diabolique," and not a single drum corps has EVER done it (I checked corpsreps). Literally, all you'd have to do to get this piece to work is change the instrumentation. It's fast, it's technical, and it's VERY exciting (all of these add up to "crowd-pleasing.") It's perfect!

...well, there's also the downside that it's wicked hard, but that's why they have all summer to rehearse it, right? :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRkkLAFOWoc

I could see The Academy play something like this.....fits there sort of style...

This thread has shown me three things:

1. There's lots of good music for me to listen to, and

2. I need to listen to more good music, and

3. There's lots of good music to listen to in this thread

Thanks to all!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Exposed! You caught me!

Seriously, great thread.

If I can only get the suggestions written down...

May I suggest starting with Z for Zimmer. It's always been A-Z not Z-A. Sometimes it's A-M and N-Z, let's try ZN-MA :smile: I got old records with a new turntable. So far 1 out of about 12 are scratched. Next album is Brahms Symphony No. 1 :wink: Boston Symphony Orchestra/Erich Leinsdorf produced by Dynagroove. I hope I didn't wear this album out. No worries, heard it live last year :bigsmile: !