The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Music of Eric Ewazen. I have never heard his music put on the field before. I would actually love to see him write an original piece for drum corps. It would be something new and refreshing for drum corps fans to enjoy.

Edited by ScvSpirit

Just got back from an incredible campus production of Reefer Madness. Hey Cadets, you still got those uniform backs from '06? :ninja: If done correctly, this show would be something else...

I have to say reading all these repertoire recommendations is fairly illustrative of the difference in this activity between then and now. Ive heard about 20% of whats been listed and I'm sorry it's all just a bit too nuanced for me. I'm sure theres a fair amount of these that could be "drum corpsicized" like quite a bit of the classical and band literature played over the years, but my feeling is many folks want marching wind ensembles. Which frankly couldnt explain any better why fans from more than 5 years past are all finding other ways to spend their discretionary income.

For the record, I don't want marching wind ensembles. In my opening post, I listed almost no wind ensemble music, and there's a reason for that. And virtually none of my symphonic suggestions are really out there...or, to use the fun pejorative term most on here use, "esoteric." Lots of good suggestions in here besides wind ensemble music. There NO way that brass people wouldn't like Ewazen, for one.

Somethings that i've always wanted to see on the field are....just warning you they might be all from VGs

something nice and heavy from the god of war 1 or 2 soundtrack

the god of war 1 soundtrack is available for download online and you can hear clips of 2 soundtrack here....Anybody playing this on the field would be cool...would perfer phantom.

A ballod or something from the Shadow of the Colossus Soundtrack ( click the + symbols next to the tracks to listen)....I think it would go well with the Blue Knights...mainly the tracks that say -battle with the colossus- next to it.

maybe a small excerpt from the ico soundtrack, hard to find online, its a japan only release.

I know theres a lot more soundtracks that i've wanted to see on the field, but those are the only ones i can think of right now.

...oh yeah the mission impossible 1 score, but wouldn't want the theme in the show.

Edited by southtxbones