The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Sometimes When We Touch - arranged by Larry Moore for New York City Gay Mens Chorus - don't knock it until you hear it.

ew.

Homophobic much? It's 2008...sheesh. :thumbdown:

Diversity - he has a different set of moral values than you. How dare you criticize that. See how that diversity thing works?

Irony?? Was I being ironic? Like YOU said, these tunes are very easy to hum and I was humming them. Would I be able to do this if it were "rocket science"?? Likely not.

I don't think he was trying to be a jerk or anything, I think he just mixed up irony and coincidence.

And using your example of you humming it to prove that it's not 'rocket science'.

No, I thought he was being ironic. I don't imagine that many people really sit around and hum any of the pieces I put up, much less "most" of them. I don't really care if he was being earnest or not. Nothing I put up is really that far out there was my point.

Yes, I'm a nerd of many varieties...

I would kill to hear some of the themes from the new Battlestar Galactica on the field, especially some of the latter stuff from Season 2 and much of Season 3. Some of it's a little string heavy, but hey, so was Adagio for Strings. Lots of sweet taiko action, too.

Yeah, I'm a nerd...

Edited by troon8

"Hope" by Klaatu. Insanely cool piece with many movements; each of a different "flavor." Dr. Keith Markey arranged this number for what was to be "The Voice of the Rockies" back in 1978. The corps never got off the ground, sadly.

If you can get your hands on their CD "Hope", DO listen to the title cut. Amazing.

Also, anything by RUSH. Nearly impossible to dance to, because of so many changes in time signature. Would be an interesting challenge to march a "2112" show, or "YYZ", "Cygnus X-1", "Red Barchetta", "A Farewell to Kings", etc.

Edited by markdewine

Pioneer to play...................RIVERDANCE! Would be awaesome.

:smile: