The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

also, Id like to see Suite from Pleasantville done as a ballad, with some clever arranging, it would be superb.

I agree 100%. That's a great Newman score. I think a cue called "Suds on the Roof" from The Shawshank Redemption would be a great ballad piece, too.

Just a few I'd like to hear or even hear done differently then have been in the past:

"The Lord of the Rings" by John de Meij "Gandalf", especially the "Shadowfax" section would be intense.

"Chess" the musical

"Hero" movie music by Tan Dun

Danny Elfman music, period.

How about "The Sunken Cathedral," by Debussy? I checked corpsreps, and no corps has done that piece yet (as far as I know). It's absolutely beautiful, though. Reminds me of why I started listening to Debussy so much in the first place.

Carolina Crown, 2003, under the title "Engulfed Cathedral."

I'd love to see Phantom do a Beethoven show. I know they did Ode to Joy back in antiquity but we need more.

Edited by Marky Mark

Hah, you guys are going to call me nuts, but someone needs to do the music from the movie "August Rush". Sure, the movie's a bit corny (I like it at least), but the music's incredible, specifically his final "Rhapsody" at the end.

Yeah, I know, wrong "RUSH".

The first 3 tracks from this! :ph34r:

<http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/works/lost_world.html>

This is the soundtrack from the video game. I think Giacchino did a better job here than Williams did for the movie.

The rest of the tracks are not bad either, IMO.

P.S. If you actually listen to the CD there is a hidden track at the end after a long pause. This would be great parade music.

Edited by up4479