The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I think the Madison Scouts played that a few times back in the early '80s, but it would be nice to see a corps bring it back.

Who would really care?...just because other corps have played something in the past doesn't mean anything IMO...unless for some reason that particular piece became legendary in drum corps...I'd love some other WC drum corps to do MacArthur Park...some would argue that the 1975 and/or 1976 Madison Scouts made that one legendary...besides current age-outs were born in 1994/1995...before their time...at the same time I do understand your point as well.

Well I've been listening to a lot of brass band stuff recently...how about this one...The Triumph of Time...

• Like 1

This is a pretty intense piece IMO...Extreme Make-Over by Johan de Meij

Cavaliers 09? I think.

But me still likey.

One could argue that Boston had an extreme make-over...might fit...I kid...LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost anything by The Piano Guys. Yes, I'm being completely serious. Their compositions and arrangements are phenomenal.

I would have to agree...and I just always love the venues they pick for their music as well...

Edited by Liahona

Almost anything by The Piano Guys.

They're going to be in St. George Oct. 7th for a benefit for the Ronald MacDonald House. $350 is the cheapest ticket. Ahhhh, no thanks. I'll just pull up their videos. https://thepianoguys.com/videos/ Love the Jungle Book. Great touch with the snake and the huge bear.

Edited by Ghost

I would have to agree...and I just always love the venues they pick for their music as well...

There are some great pieces by TPG that don't have music videos. Check out their take on the Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition. I can see SCV doing this as an opener a la "Jupiter" in 2012 and "Spring" just this past season.

• Like 1