The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

If you combine the Cavies 2009 use of "Extreme Makeover" with the Blue Stars 2014 music, you end up with "Extreme Makeover, Home Addition". :cool:

Such a show would have to include a reference to Columbians 2016: "Move that bus!" Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I've a talkative office so on go the headphones again. Lately it's been Henry V movie CD, composer Patrick Doyle and Philip Glass 3 disc CD (thanks to drum corps for introducing me to these composers). In the 1970's and 1980's I'd buy an album after I heard drum corps play it. I learned about music from drum corps. I like this thread "Music Corps Should Do". I learn music again. Thank you...edit: this inspires me at work;)

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1

I've a talkative office so on go the headphones again. Lately it's been Henry V movie CD, composer Patrick Doyle and Philip Glass 3 disc CD (thanks to drum corps for introducing me to these composers). In the 1970's and 1980's I'd buy an album after I heard drum corps play it. I learned about music from drum corps. I like this thread "Music Corps Should Do". I learn music again. Thank you...edit: this inspires me at work;)

awesome

that was some inspired work by doyle

i actually arranged this beautiful little cue from the soundtrack for my military band's woodwind quintet. it's probably still sitting in the filing cabinet at the band hall. would give nearly anything to hear a corps do it.

awesome

that was some inspired work by doyle

i actually arranged this beautiful little cue from the soundtrack for my military band's woodwind quintet. it's probably still sitting in the filing cabinet at the band hall. would give nearly anything to hear a corps do it.

Cool beans. Some former drum corps arrangers taught me how to conduct their music (from an old guard girl who was a DM that listened to music a lot). Doyle did good. Do it DC!

I've attended a local folk music festival for over 20 years. I'll see what I can find there or go through my 'Enjoyment of Music' LPs, Thanks for this thread Lance. You do good :smile:

Antiphonal brass music would be incredible to hear on the field. This is a compilation album made by the brass sections of the Chicago Symphony, Cleveland Orchestra, and Philadelphia Orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4afotuby1U1UyGTkdNYErBU

Antiphonal brass music would be incredible to hear on the field. This is a compilation album made by the brass sections of the Chicago Symphony, Cleveland Orchestra, and Philadelphia Orchestra.

Presenting The Academy's new season....

That's one of the greatest brass recordings ever made, and those monsters basically came into town, took their horns out, recorded in one or two takes and then reportedly went out for drinks.