The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Howard wrote some very marching-music-friendly scores for Disney cartoons. The band I teach did a show of his music from "Atlantis" back around 2002.

Just listened to some of those cues. Wow, this is great! "The Leviathan" and "The Crystal Chamber" are the two big highlights for me that would translate really well to the field.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Will send you a PM.

There are definitely some new names on the block and some old ones that have fallen back a bit.

toss me a PM too, I wan't to hear your opinion on the texas bands as well

Bluecoats did the Latin/Spanish/ect. stuff really well this year, I'd love to hear them do some jamming Oriental influenced type stuff.

I think they are great at incorporating world music in general, and I hope they continue in that direction.

Carolina Crown classic music Blue Devils stop the pop references Bluecoats bring some jazz back keep the afro cuban going

Phantom Regiment do something from a drama/play Santa Clara try modern music/theme Academy keep doing your thing Cadets think of a theme before picking music Cavies implement more music styles Madison Scouts try something new Blue Knights keep on BlueStars try something with modern influences BAC do music that is well known itll connect more with the audience as well as a more well known theme

This Broadway classic would make for a beautiful ballad...

This Broadway classic would make for a beautiful ballad...

I think the Madison Scouts played that a few times back in the early '80s, but it would be nice to see a corps bring it back.