It was a joke (sort of). I'm pretty confident Bluecoats are going to be 4th. I won't agree with it (won't say how I think should be 4th), but it doesn't matter. The show is great.

You've got another day to change your mind. Again. :tounge2:

Who Will Make Semis?
Posted by henry_l on 28 July 2015 - 03:59 PM in DCI World Class Corps Discussions
I'd say closer to this:
1. Cadets
2. Crown
3. BD
4. Vanguard
5. Bluecoats
--------gap------
6. BK
--------gap------
7. Cavies
8. Regiment
9. Scouts
--------gap------
10. BAC
11. BS
12. Crossmen
Pick your Top 10 for Lucas Oil 2015
Posted by henry_l on 31 July 2015 - 07:32 PM in DCI World Class Corps Discussions
1. Cadets
2. Crown
3. Devils
4. Bluecoats
5. SCV
6. BK
7. Madison
8. Cavies
9. Regiment
10. BAC
Final Finals Predictions!
Posted by henry_l on 03 August 2015 - 03:28 PM in DCI World Class Corps Discussions
I'm going to say:
1. Blue Devils
2. Cadets
3. Carolina Crown
4. Bluecoats
5. Santa Clara Vanguard
6. Blue Knights
7. Cavaliers
8. Phantom Regiment
9. Madison Scouts
10. Boston Crusaders
11. Blue Stars
12. Crossmen

I'm going to tell you that Bluecoats EARNED their spot last night. As a team. Especially the penalty, and this is why. (snip)

Spot over BD earned. :thumbs-up:

If I were a marching member, I would never in a million years accept that lame excuse or feel like I had accomplished a "win" over BD thanks to a warm-up penalty. As a member, I would have more pride than that.

Then when they DO earn the win via their performance on the field of battle, they can truly feel like they had accomplished something. That "spot earned" over BD is just a hollow victory. It means nothing, except one place in order of performance for the next day. Bluecoats don't need a "false" sense of accomplishment, in my view, they're better than that. If they have the ability, then they need to go out and earn it on the field.

That's where championships are won.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

If I were a marching member, I would never in a million years accept that lame excuse or feel like I had accomplished a "win" over BD thanks to a warm-up penalty. As a member, I would have more pride than that.

Then when they DO earn the win via their performance on the field of battle, they can truly feel like they had accomplished something. That "spot earned" over BD is just a hollow victory. It means nothing, except one place in order of performance for the next day. Bluecoats don't need a "false" sense of accomplishment, in my view, they're better than that. If they have the ability, then they need to go out and earn it on the field.

That's where championships are won.

But you're not a marching member. And I'm not a marching member. And you took a little bit of a leap. And that's not how championships are won. But since we aren't members ... cool!

:cool:

• Like 1

But you're not a marching member. And I'm not a marching member. And you took a little bit of a leap. And that's not how championships are won. But since we aren't members ... cool!

:cool:

I'm not taking a leap at all. I feel very certain Bluecoats have an immense amount of pride about their ability to win it all on the playing field.

All the championship corps I've seen have this singular belief. That's why they're championship corps.

• Like 1

I'd like to point out how Bloo was 1.5 out of 2nd place this time last year after prelims... They are 1.1 from 1st!!! Let's go bloo!!

• Like 1

I could only listen from the Tunnel Cam that DCI provided, but to me it sounded like Bluecoats had a tremendous performance last night. A few friends of mine at finals said it was their best run yet. Visual looked stunning they said. I think those GE numbers keep them above Cadets and maybe get them closer to BD. Show is finally clicking on all cylinders.

Watching Semifinals, as each corps finished, beginning with Blue Devils, I found myself thinking

####, that can win the whole thing Saturday !

Dread we'll have a 1, 2, 3, 4 . . . . . at night's end.