So many favorite parts to this show. Watched them rehearse a bit yesterday and I have a new appreciation for much of the show! I had not seen it live before, only streamed from my laptop to my tv. I had no idea there was so much in regards to 'stereo sound' in the way the music is arranged.

I think my favorite is the ballad. Love the baritone solo, and love it when he turns to the rest of the section to play the second part. Absolutely love when the trumpet solo plays leading the corps in the music. And my favorite 'part' of the ballad is the chord progression, resolution near the end. Tears welled up in my eyes as I listened to it live yesterday. Will hear it live again in finals. Wish I could hear it live every day.

Just wondering why they start the show before the announcer setup? It doesn't seem to coincide with a big hit or anything and IMHO just covers up the (way cool) initial musical development.

Nevertheless, a VERY proud alum who can't wait to see this in Allentown!

Just wondering why they start the show before the announcer setup? It doesn't seem to coincide with a big hit or anything and IMHO just covers up the (way cool) initial musical development.

Nevertheless, a VERY proud alum who can't wait to see this in Allentown!

Probably the only thing that annoys me about this show is that announcement setup lol. I love everything else about this show. So awesome musically. Them and BD are probably the only 2 corps this year where I enjoy EVERYTHING about their music arrangements. I have small nitpicks or annoyances with everyone else

Probably the only thing that annoys me about this show is that announcement setup lol. I love everything else about this show. So awesome musically. Them and BD are probably the only 2 corps this year where I enjoy EVERYTHING about their music arrangements. I have small nitpicks or annoyances with everyone else

What I really like is that it is now quite clear that they have established a way to do what they do and they know their niche in the DCI landscape. Same with Crown. And of course BD and Cadets. Those four are clearly headed in a direction and they know what that is.

Vanguard is fifth, and I think they just suffer from living in BD's long shadow. There's a big gap between those five and everyone else in the field, IMO.

I've had the Bluecoats ballad stuck in my head for two days. Help!!!

Well, I didn't, until I read Ms. L's post above that said "baritone solo", and then suddenly there it is.

Although every time I've heard the solo, I think I hear a tiny flub on the high note at the end of the first phrase.

Well, I didn't, until I read Ms. L's post above that said "baritone solo", and then suddenly there it is.

Although every time I've heard the solo, I think I hear a tiny flub on the high note at the end of the first phrase.

If you go listen to many different versions of Bon Iver's "Woods", which have an electronica vibe, that sound you think is a flub is just some kind of delayed note transition, which is recreated rather faithfully by the Blooo soloist. I thought it was a flub too at first until I went out and listened to the source music, and the fact that the soloist repeated it at every performance.