SCV 2015

I personally find the authoritative/suppressive attitude of the mods and some DCP members repulsive. Suppression of ideas is never okay. But I won't say anymore at the risk of this topic getting axed.

Here's the issue though, it's in the DCP guidelines, which is why the threads are being shut down. The simple solution is if you want a place that is more free to discuss ideas the way you'd like, work to have the guidelines changed, or start a site where you can speak freely.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't see things changing, even though I agree with you.

• Like 1

Here's the issue though, it's in the DCP guidelines, which is why the threads are being shut down. The simple solution is if you want a place that is more free to discuss ideas the way you'd like, work to have the guidelines changed, or start a site where you can speak freely.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't see things changing, even though I agree with you.

I agree with the strict guidelines here. There have been some threads where some of the comments made before shutdown have been the equivalent of....OMG!

At the same time, IF (and that's a big if) DCI makes some kind of formal announcement about this issue as it relates to their operations, it would be (IMO) improper for DCP to shut the thread down, regardless of their policies, because it would then become something directly related to the DCI side of the activity that deserves to be discussed openly. I realize that this is a "we'll cross that bridge if or when it happens" kind of thing, but make no mistake about it -- this is a topic that is gaining lots of traction in the marching arts community. As it stands now, DCI is not officially involved and I can completely understand why these threads are being shut down. But IF DCI decides to throw their hat into this ring with some kind of formal announcement (again, big if), ignoring or putting the quash on legitimate discussion would be a terrible precedent for this or any public message board dealing with the drum corps community.

Isn't this a SCV2015 thread? You guys should visit the OFF TOPIC thread which is a silly thread exemplifying how we get off topic!

The sniper-terrorism of the anti Indiana folks on DCP is amazing.

So many threads already closed...almost like the two year old that holds everyone hostage by the screaming and tantrum because that infant does get her way.

Trying to get civil rights for one subset by denying the civil rights, specifically stated in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights since the beginning of the nation does not make things right.

I find it interesting that some of the DCI BoD members who make the decisions of where the championships go are publicly part of the subset whom the snipers are supposedly trying to protect. Yet these BoD members have seen no problems for DCI. Yet the snipers persist in their tantrums.

Thanks Tobias and DrummanTX for putting the SCV thread back on SCV rather than the sniping.

Go SCV!

• Like 1

The sniper-terrorism of the anti Indiana folks on DCP is amazing.

So many threads already closed...almost like the two year old that holds everyone hostage by the screaming and tantrum because that infant does get her way.

Trying to get civil rights for one subset by denying the civil rights, specifically stated in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights since the beginning of the nation does not make things right.

I find it interesting that some of the DCI BoD members who make the decisions of where the championships go are publicly part of the subset whom the snipers are supposedly trying to protect. Yet these BoD members have seen no problems for DCI. Yet the snipers persist in their tantrums.

Thanks Tobias and DrummanTX for putting the SCV thread back on SCV rather than the sniping.

I like some of your posts, but your melodramatic statements accusing others of pretty much the same thing are something else.

Sniper-terrorism? That pretty much leaves me speechless.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 2

I like some of your posts, but your melodramatic statements accusing others of pretty much the same thing are something else.

Sniper-terrorism? That pretty much leaves me speechless.

Perhaps radical-sniperist is a more acceptable term?

Or snipe extremist?

<gd&r>

Edited by corpsband

To snipe is an acceptable English and American word and infinitive from the Old Norse then into the Dutch then into English after William of Orange and the Battle of the Boyne.

The fifth meaning given after certain birds, etc. is to persist in criticism. In three dictionaries I checked the examples given were equivalent to barrage.

• Like 1