Indiana's New Law

I am posting this link to a video NOT to ridicule this family-owned business for stating their beliefs regarding this law and the LGBT community.

I am posting this link to ridicule their belief that a couple (gay or otherwise) would order pizzas for their wedding reception!!!

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 4

I just want to say that I've read the Indiana law as well as the federal Religious Freedom Act. The main difference is that the federal law does not allow for discrimination and Indiana's law does. There are a couple of phrases that are different but they mostly mimic the federal law.

Saying that, Ive read and heard a lot about people boycotting DCI now or talking about boycotting shows in states that have a similar Indiana law. (Key word is similar not the same)

People want to punish DCI for not moving Finals and their headquarters out of Indy.

My original post was about supporting corps that are based in states that have these similar laws, Illinois, Idaho, Texas, PA, Ct. . . .

If someone is planning on boycotting DCI, would they still support a corps that is based in a state with a similar law to Indiana's.

If a person is a DCA fan, will they still support Reading, Cadets2, Hurcs. . . .

I dont think it is too much to ask this question if they feel so passionate about DCI.

I am posting this link to a video NOT to ridicule this family-owned business for stating their beliefs regarding this law and the LGBT community.

I am posting this link to ridicule their belief that a couple (gay or otherwise) would order pizzas for their wedding reception!!!

The reaction to this is sickening, IMO. A public school teacher reaching out to her Twitter followers to see who would join her in burning the pizzeria down??

Trying to fight intolerance and bigotry with more intolerance and bigotry (and threats of violence) paints otherwise sane dissenters of this law in a bad light.

• Like 6

Yes, but those examples are anecdotal and rare. You can't force people not to be bigoted, and frankly I am appalled that anyone would want to try (especially those who preach tolerance as their foundational mantra). This nation was founded on freedom of conscience and belief, including (and especially) religious belief. You don't have to like or support someone else's belief. I will stand besides you day and night in defending your right to speak out against bigoted beliefs ... including bigoted religious beliefs. But I have a huge problem when people start wanting the government to use its power to force people to act in violation of their sincerely held beliefs, even their bigoted beliefs, in the absence of a serious threat of harm to others. That is completely antithetical to the principles this nation was founded on. If someone wants to refuse to serve me a meal because I am gay, then I will say "good riddance" and find someone else who will. But I don't believe it is my right to force anyone to serve me in violation of their sincerely held beliefs.

And receiving the Gold Medal for sound reasoning without emotional irrationality,...YOU!

From the sound of things, it appears that the state legislature will be revisiting the legislation and making some adjustments that would offer some (and I stress SOME) protections for minorities, specifically, language saying that store owners can't use the law as a basis for kicking people they don't like out of their stores, as well as providing some sort of housing protections (details to be worked out later); however, this does NOT appear to apply to churches, private schools and other similar institutions.

Wonder how much tux places charge for tomato sauce removal.......

Hope they have cake later. Thinking of the so called tradition where the newlyweds push each others faces in the cake. Doing it with pizzas could lead to nasty burns.

Real reason CT. Gov. bans travel to Indiana came out the morning after he had nice words: http://www.wfsb.com/story/28694670/malloy-orders-137-million-more-in-mid-year-budget-cuts

Shouldn't matter what the reason is, any state that prohibits state travel to Indiana that has a similar law is just hypicritical.

Especially CT, because they were the first state to enact such a law.