Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Warming up to this show more and more. Some random, useless thoughts...

Snares on the ladders is cool.

Rifles get tossed up and down the ladders is cooler.

Music demand is off the charts.

Seems they've stopped putting the soprano screamers in front of mics. Good move.

Kpop section has potential. I think they need to cut back on the narration there and utilize the percussion section more to set the groove. The crowd isn't sure what that section is supposed to be. Need to make it clear it's supposed to be a break-down and they'll respond.

Ballad. Wow.

Anyone else think the very end of the closer has a very Cadets feel to it?

Maybe the crowd is confused how the K-pop section is tied to the show, but they're definitely sure what the section is supposed to be: a crowd pleaser. Every vid I've listened to of that section has the crowd cheering a ton.

Anyone else think the very end of the closer has a very Cadets feel to it?

I thought I felt something weird when I saw their show...that's it.

Maybe the crowd is confused how the K-pop section is tied to the show, but they're definitely sure what the section is supposed to be: a crowd pleaser. Every vid I've listened to of that section has the crowd cheering a ton.

Can you share some of these videos? Because they've only performed in 3 shows so far and only one was on DCI live. I saw that one and don't remember the crowd "cheering a ton" during that section. So if you have video one or both of the other 2 shows can you share them?

Can you share some of these videos? Because they've only performed in 3 shows so far and only one was on DCI live. I saw that one and don't remember the crowd "cheering a ton" during that section. So if you have video one or both of the other 2 shows can you share them?

Let's not go there again. If any more vids from a certain source turn up anywhere, there will be no more.

• Like 1

Let's not go there again. If any more vids from a certain source turn up anywhere, there will be no more.

Yes, things may be a little tense for a bit.

While the A corps will be pouring tea into the harbor on the Fourth with the Crusaders, the International group will be in England, UK on the Fourth trying not to be held hostage. They say the Crown, not the Carolinans, have a long memory and still don't think they lost the Colonies yet..

This. I haven't heard any crazy crowd response from what I've seen. Seems like that whole section is pretty much over by the time the crowd gets into it a little.

So, saw the show. The section in the middle where the sample sound like " I wana donught" seems kind of out of place. There has got to be at least a minuet where all there is samples and drum kit, even the color guard doesn't have equipment. Sorry, loose me there. Love the ballad, you know why, because they actually play the song and give me a melody I can sing on the way out the door, been a while since they did that! Like the way they mic the baritone solo. It is really obvious that when they play harder material they always stand still. It will be interesting if any of the adjudicators will recognize that in comparison to others that do move and play and how they choose to reward? It looks like they don't know what they want at the end, kind of boring, maybe a work in progress.

Drums on ladders, yea so, just because?--rifles on ladders, kind of cool, but what does that have to do with wolves and writing a children's book. Interested in seeing how this plays out. Not sure about the 2 point spread to the other corps, I think they have some issues with transition and focus when they move the props around.

Guard has some talented kids, but they have some young ones too, Lots of drops on the run I saw. Almost all of them move there feet under there tosses. Not a "20" color guard this year---judges! they do like to dance though! Assume the big pipes will become writing utensils at end of show, interested in seeing that prop, can do a lot with them though, they just put the weaker people on them I guess.

my two cents

till next time

So, saw the show. The section in the middle where the sample sound like " I wana donught" seems kind of out of place. There has got to be at least a minuet where all there is samples and drum kit, even the color guard doesn't have equipment. Sorry, loose me there. Love the ballad, you know why, because they actually play the song and give me a melody I can sing on the way out the door, been a while since they did that! Like the way they mic the baritone solo. It is really obvious that when they play harder material they always stand still. It will be interesting if any of the adjudicators will recognize that in comparison to others that do move and play and how they choose to reward? It looks like they don't know what they want at the end, kind of boring, maybe a work in progress.

Drums on ladders, yea so, just because?--rifles on ladders, kind of cool, but what does that have to do with wolves and writing a children's book. Interested in seeing how this plays out. Not sure about the 2 point spread to the other corps, I think they have some issues with transition and focus when they move the props around.

Guard has some talented kids, but they have some young ones too, Lots of drops on the run I saw. Almost all of them move there feet under there tosses. Not a "20" color guard this year---judges! they do like to dance though! Assume the big pipes will become writing utensils at end of show, interested in seeing that prop, can do a lot with them though, they just put the weaker people on them I guess.

my two cents

till next time

Considering they've done like...two shows so far, I'm going to offer up a solution: wait until the end of the season to judge shows heavily critically as a fan. Leave that to the judges.

• Like 3

Giants in the sky. Do you not know the story of into the woods?

• Like 2