Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

So, saw the show. The section in the middle where the sample sound like " I wana donught" seems kind of out of place. There has got to be at least a minuet where all there is samples and drum kit, even the color guard doesn't have equipment. Sorry, loose me there. Love the ballad, you know why, because they actually play the song and give me a melody I can sing on the way out the door, been a while since they did that! Like the way they mic the baritone solo. It is really obvious that when they play harder material they always stand still. It will be interesting if any of the adjudicators will recognize that in comparison to others that do move and play and how they choose to reward? It looks like they don't know what they want at the end, kind of boring, maybe a work in progress.

Drums on ladders, yea so, just because?--rifles on ladders, kind of cool, but what does that have to do with wolves and writing a children's book. Interested in seeing how this plays out. Not sure about the 2 point spread to the other corps, I think they have some issues with transition and focus when they move the props around.

Guard has some talented kids, but they have some young ones too, Lots of drops on the run I saw. Almost all of them move there feet under there tosses. Not a "20" color guard this year---judges! they do like to dance though! Assume the big pipes will become writing utensils at end of show, interested in seeing that prop, can do a lot with them though, they just put the weaker people on them I guess.

my two cents

till next time

Geez I guess BD won't be getting a Standing O from you.

• Like 1

So, saw the show. The section in the middle where the sample sound like " I wana donught" seems kind of out of place. There has got to be at least a minuet where all there is samples and drum kit, even the color guard doesn't have equipment. Sorry, loose me there. Love the ballad, you know why, because they actually play the song and give me a melody I can sing on the way out the door, been a while since they did that! Like the way they mic the baritone solo. It is really obvious that when they play harder material they always stand still. It will be interesting if any of the adjudicators will recognize that in comparison to others that do move and play and how they choose to reward? It looks like they don't know what they want at the end, kind of boring, maybe a work in progress.

Drums on ladders, yea so, just because?--rifles on ladders, kind of cool, but what does that have to do with wolves and writing a children's book. Interested in seeing how this plays out. Not sure about the 2 point spread to the other corps, I think they have some issues with transition and focus when they move the props around.

Guard has some talented kids, but they have some young ones too, Lots of drops on the run I saw. Almost all of them move there feet under there tosses. Not a "20" color guard this year---judges! they do like to dance though! Assume the big pipes will become writing utensils at end of show, interested in seeing that prop, can do a lot with them though, they just put the weaker people on them I guess.

my two cents

till next time

Sounds like "I wana donught"? Wow you sound uncultured as hell.

• Like 2

I certainly think that they think they are giants in the sky, But don't get the connection--they start there. Giants don't come into the woods until that later half. Also what are wolves doing on the ladder if you want to get nit picky- As for the culture comment I teach kids that luv the K-pop stuff so I am exposed to it. We do basics to it. But in the context of the BD show I stand by my opinion that it feels out of place, That comment exposed signs of immaturity in my opinion. When you here it live: It sounds like "gimmy a donut" I think I quoted it incorrect in the previous post, I apologize. The quality of the sample doesn't lend itself to a clear verbal. So you hear what you hear. Sorry to ruin it for the rest of when you hear it for real, because that what you gona remember.

The best part of the show is when the giants arrive--the staging is appropriate and leads you in to the awesome ballad, so take that. I will see them again tomorrow and see what they have accomplished over the past couple of days. I am planning on bringing donuts to the Rose Bowl!

Lighten up people, its still early season Drum corps which unfortunately is all we ever get to see on the west coat!

• Like 1

I certainly think that they think they are giants in the sky, But don't get the connection--they start there. Giants don't come into the woods until that later half. Also what are wolves doing on the ladder if you want to get nit picky- As for the culture comment I teach kids that luv the K-pop stuff so I am exposed to it. We do basics to it. But in the context of the BD show I stand by my opinion that it feels out of place, That comment exposed signs of immaturity in my opinion. When you here it live: It sounds like "gimmy a donut" I think I quoted it incorrect in the previous post, I apologize. The quality of the sample doesn't lend itself to a clear verbal. So you hear what you hear. Sorry to ruin it for the rest of when you hear it for real, because that what you gona remember.

The best part of the show is when the giants arrive--the staging is appropriate and leads you in to the awesome ballad, so take that. I will see them again tomorrow and see what they have accomplished over the past couple of days. I am planning on bringing donuts to the Rose Bowl!

Lighten up people, its still early season Drum corps which unfortunately is all we ever get to see on the west coat!

The wolves have nothing to do with the ladders.......no need to get nit picky. That is the White Rabbit section and it fits perfectly with the Alice in Wonderland theme.

Banghazi?

Watch the wolves near the end of their dance. They do a scratching thing that is hilarious.

Everyone is so dang good this year! Even the little c corps kids were throwing down serious notes in the lot.

I like BD, SCV. Cadets, Regiment, Scouts, and Blue Stars the best.

Well, after reading all of the comments here, I can't wait to see the show tomorrow at the Rose Bowl! BD is always . . . well . . . BD. They have their own voice and their own way of getting a show/point/topic/story across and I have loved them for continuing to do that and to keep pushing the envelope all these years. I am also excited to see SCV and Phantom; two other corps I have admired and respected over the years.

It's going to be a great day!

I have always thought they lose with class. I remember when Crown won BD went over and shook their hands. I thought it was pretty gracious. I would be interested in seeing some proof of the BD unsportsmanlike behavior that is being mentioned.

• Like 2