Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Whole lotta bravado here in your conviction.

I wonder how you know with such certainty. Or do you just have strong opinions?

I'm not as confident as you that you're correct.

He was pretty confident on the location for Family day as well. We all know how that turned out right? :cool:

• Like 1

When does BD typically post the studio recording? Anxiously waiting!

I think any recording, video or otherwise, is in jeopardy due to this licensing train wreck. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see more and more groups go to internally composed music (most of the first half of Blue Devils show this year was staff-created), in an effort to avoid the problems. I hope they release something soon, but not holding my breath.

Oh man....would THAT be a quick education!

The Funliner? Nuh-uh.

The 0-4 would be the only marginally safe bus for her!

Not even sure of that, Sam. I rode the O-4 for a couple of years, and it wasn't any picnic... But then again, it's a different day now.

Edited by BDCorno

I was tickled on coming across a news story with this headline:

"South Korea Agrees to Stop playing Loud K-Pop at Border if North Korea Agress Not to Declare War" (source).

From the article:

"The 48 loudspeakers have been blaring broadcasts for two weeks — and could be heard from about 12 miles away. The radio hosts mocked Kim Jong-un ('No foreign country will welcome Kim Jong-un, because he is a dictator. Thus, he is playing the king alone, on the red velvet.') and note North Korea's dismal human-rights record. People near the border also had to listen to a lot of K-pop with lyrics like, 'Tell me your wish, tell me your little dream, imagine your ideal type in your head, and look at me, I’m your genie, your dream, your genie.'"

Tell me your wish!

"South Korea Agrees to Stop playing Loud K-Pop at Border if North Korea Agress Not to Declare War" (source).

From the article:

"The 48 loudspeakers have been blaring broadcasts for two weeks — and could be heard from about 12 miles away. The radio hosts mocked Kim Jong-un ('No foreign country will welcome Kim Jong-un, because he is a dictator. Thus, he is playing the king alone, on the red velvet.') and note North Korea's dismal human-rights record. People near the border also had to listen to a lot of K-pop with lyrics like, 'Tell me your wish, tell me your little dream, imagine your ideal type in your head, and look at me, I’m your genie, your dream, your genie.'"

Tell me your wish!

Where's Cappybara?

From the article:

Tell me your wish!

OMG, seriously? If true, this is amazing. "Tell me your dream..."? Can anyone verify that this song was chosen because of these (translated) lyrics?

Maybe I just missed this tidbit and it's old news. In any case and if true, BD continues to impress and amaze.

Did not knowing this change my view of the show? Nope. But that I didn't understand the K-Pop connection beyond "a little girl's dream" left me wondering if there was a deeper connection (I actually thought that it was a hat-tip by BD to their international friends). Knowing that the lyrics are this just make me appreciate their show even more in hindsight.

Can't wait to get the BluRay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, seriously? If true, this is amazing. "Tell me your dream..."? Can anyone verify that this song was chosen because of these (translated) lyrics?

Maybe I just missed this tidbit and it's old news. In any case and if true, BD continues to impress and amaze.

Did not knowing this change my view of the show? Nope. But that I didn't understand the K-Pop connection beyond "a little girl's dream" left me wondering if there was a deeper connection (I actually thought that it was a hat-tip by BD to their international friends). Knowing that the lyrics are this just make me appreciate their show even more in hindsight.

Completely agree with you.

Too my knowledge, the sample used translated to something along the lines of "I like you, I like you, I really like you" because some iteration of the Wolf in Little Red Riding hood said something similar. I read about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Too my knowledge, the sample used translated to something along the lines of "I like you, I like you, I really like you" because some iteration of the Wolf in Little Red Riding hood said something similar. I read about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

It certainly was an interesting selection of music. Initially I hated it, but after seeing the context and treatment of it, along with the other detailed meanings, it ended up being one of my favorite parts. Lost in all of the bluster over the K-Pop was a pretty wicked drum solo. Some ridiculous content went unnoticed by many. It just goes to show, if something about BD's show doesn't make sense to you, you're either not trying, or you just need to look a little deeper.