2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Crowns uniforms look a lot better from the front. Actually really like them now that I can see the whole thing.

Lots of skin being shown between crowns and the Cavaliers color guard, haha.

Regardless of the uniform design (of which I am not a fan in the least), can't they at least get some tailoring on the trouser hems of #2, #6 and #7 from the left?

It is early season, but mis-hemmed and mis-tailored uniforms are a great way to keep a corps or any other group from looking their best. Just looks cheap and amateurish if the uniforms don't fit right on the members.

Some general thoughts:

Crown - huge missed opportunity, too much black. Guard looks great, but I wonder if the cutouts and straps were necessary? Probably would have looked just as good with a more "full" uniform, but the print is fantastic.

Cavies - Free the nipple! Spin Cycle 2.0.

Blue Devils - LOVE the guard. No problem with the color/fringes on the corps proper (actually really like it), but same issue I had with the uniform last year. To me, it looks like the equivalent of a guy wearing a tuxedo t-shirt to a wedding. I wish the blue and white extended further towards the edges of the jacket.

Crossmen - I'm apparently in the minority here, but I absolutely love them. Looks like the Crossmen to me, but now with the ability to swap out panels to fit the show theme.

Phantom - Supremely classy uniforms for the corps. Love them, as well as the guard uniform. But guard uniform number 2... it looks like something you would buy at a halloween shop.

Boston - removing one strap makes a HUGE difference, although I did like the look of the cross strap.

Pacific Crest - I know I'm going to get flack for this, as others seem to enjoy it... but it looks like a bad colorblocking attempt from a project runway contestant.

• Like 1

10520092_10153387131067641_427560247463817181_10153387131227641_5396881785415799

Ugghh - Why do I even keep looking?

Was hoping for just red pants for crown, gonna have to get used to the weird horizontal stripes. Probably looks better from the box. Their guard is unique, and I think it should be effective.

I'm pretty sure those are the 9 circles of Hell on the uniform, not just horizontal stripes. Each one has a highlighted section which resembles a ring. There are 8 visible (including the hat) and I think there is a ninth under the jacket. I was expecting them to do some sort of flame print, but this is really effective.

Guard uniforms are the best they have ever had, by a large margin.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure those are the 9 circles of Hell on the uniform, not just horizontal stripes. Each one has a highlighted section which resembles a ring. There are 8 visible (including the hat) and I think there is a ninth under the jacket. I was expecting them to do some sort of flame print, but this is really effective.

Guard uniforms are the best they have ever had, by a large margin.

Yeah, the guard is pretty stunning.

In general the guard uniforms are way better than the ensemble, in pretty much every corps I've seen so far.

Crown - Wonderful guard outfits. I like the ensemble outfits although a simple red-yellow gradient in the stripes would work better than the flame illustration.

Cavies - Also amazing guard outfit. If you're gonna hit the weird button, might as well really hit that button. Spin Cycle by comparison looked just like football uniforms, which were extremely simple by comparison, and out of place in that show. This is an 'every sport' look and seems very appropriate for a show called Game On.

Blue Devils - It remains to be seen how this will look on the field. They seem to make the uniform look perfect in the show most years.

Crossmen - "Above and Beyond" It looks great, and grabs attention.

Phantom - The frills are unnecessary, but overall the ensemble look is very good and very Phantom. Both guard uniforms are excellent. And very Phantomette, which isn't always the case.

Boston - Less edgy than last year, but better overall.

Pacific Crest - The only really traditional uniform we've seen so far, so we'd better like it!

Based on Crown's show name "Inferno", the musical selections, and now the uniforms, I hereby predict that Crown's show is going to be an absolute box 5, baby-throwing, soul-rattling, epic GE monster.