2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

Rank - Latest Score - Date and Location of Latest Score (Change from, and date of previous score)

Open Class:

1 - 80.50 - Reading Buccaneers - 6/27 Stratford CT (+3.1 - 6/20)

2 - 78.20 - Hawthorne Caballeros - 6/27 Stratford CT (+3.2 - 6/20)

3 - 75.90 - Fusion Core - 6/27 Stratford CT (+2.9 - 6/20)

4 - 74.10* - Minnesota Brass - 6/29 Mankato MN
5 - 72.25 (1.8) - Atlanta CV - 6/27 Wilson NC

6 - 67.25 - White Sabers - 6/27 Stratford CT

7 - 67.00 (1.0) - Carolina Gold - 6/27 Wilson NC

8 - 65.95** - Kidsgrove Scouts - 6/14 Featherstone England

9 - 64.55 - Connecticut Hurricanes - 6/27 Stratford CT (+0.85 - 6/20)

10- 63.65 - Bushwackers - 6/27 Stratford CT (+5.05 - 6/20)

x - Cadets²

x - Skyliners

x - Long Island Sunrisers

Class A:

1 - 66.40* - Govenaires - 6/29 Mankato MN (+3.5 - 6/28)

2 - 61.20 (3.0) - Alliance - 6/28 Wilson NC

4 - 41.70* - Kilties - 6/27 Middleton WI

3 - 36.70* - Cincinnati Tradition - 6/22 Hamilton OH (+4.30 - 6/19)

x - Chops

x - Erie Thunderbirds

x - Excelsior

*score from a DCI show

**score from a DCUK/DCE show

Updated with MBI and Govies scores from Mankato tonight.

Edited by Spandy

gee those darn DCI judges must be getting it right looking at tonights scores

No idea who was on the panel in Mankato, but it brings up a good point. Gradually there seems to be more and more bleed over from the DCI judging pool to DCA. I think the numbers coming out of DCI shows for DCA corps will get more and more relevant as the personnel gets more and more familiar with DCA competition.

Just an observation.

Dan

No idea who was on the panel in Mankato, but it brings up a good point. Gradually there seems to be more and more bleed over from the DCI judging pool to DCA. I think the numbers coming out of DCI shows for DCA corps will get more and more relevant as the personnel gets more and more familiar with DCA competition.

Just an observation.

Dan

This is very true; it is also dependent as to whether the corps' (as a whole) are being evaluated using the DCA criteria (itself) to reach numbers. The judges at DCI shows are there to adjudicate DCI corps as the priority; after-all these are DCI sanctioned shows. In many cases at DCI sanctioned shows the judges comments, insights, etc. are the value. Six of one/half dozen of another.

Next week-end on the 4th of July Cadet2 enter the picture.the following week-end Sunrisers enter at the Gran Prix ,One week later the Skyliners so by mid July we should know pretty much where they stand .Got a long wait to see where Minn.Brass will fit in there first shows the 21 of August .

Govies and Brass perform at DCI shows on the July 31 and August 1. I assume they'll be on DCA sheets for both of those shows. Scores, in my opinion, are still relative whether or not they're DCA or DCI judges.

Edited by Reeses0316

This is very true; it is also dependent as to whether the corps' (as a whole) are being evaluated using the DCA criteria (itself) to reach numbers. The judges at DCI shows are there to adjudicate DCI corps as the priority; after-all these are DCI sanctioned shows. In many cases at DCI sanctioned shows the judges comments, insights, etc. are the value. Six of one/half dozen of another.

Dci has DCA sheets used at every dci show for a few years now

these score comparisons simply don't work... sorry Spandy... it's not a good thing... gives some false hope... gives others unnecessary anguish...

4 man panels

DCI judges with different tolerances

Drum Corps Europe sheets which are a whole new ball of wax

etc etc

bottom line... take these rankings with a grain of salt

• Like 2

Since talking DCA corps at DCI shows, here's a photo of C2 doing exhibition at recent Allentown show held by C1. C2 has now learned full drill and are tweaking. It was a weekday night show, thus the few holes here and there. Corps does have members for those holes.

Size of drum line alone is impressive: 10 snares, 6 basses, 6 quads.

cadets2firstperf.jpg

Edited by xandandl

We'll see when the rubber meets the road with C2 and their first contest score.

Tom, I think, and hope folks know that comparing certain numbers from certain panels or systems don't really mesh. They only give an exteremely large window of how anyone relates to one another unless they've been at the same contest scored by the same panel.

Last season, I really believe that MBI got great input from the DCI panels, and were exceptionally well prepared for finals without having to come east. As much as things shifted at finals from Prelims- MBI on any given day or situation might have walked out with a championship last year, it was that fluid and close.

The down side and corollary to that belief is I won't be seeing them for quite awhile because of that- and I've always enjoyed them greatly.

Edited by BigW

>>>The down side and corollary to that belief is I won't be seeing them for quite awhile because of that- and I've always enjoyed them greatly.<<<

So ... why not stop in on one of their rehearsals ... in your neighborhood - no?

:-)