Hamilton Happenings - June 22

Summer Music Games in Cincinnati

Monday, June 22, 2015

7:00 p.m. ET

Virgil Schwarm Stadium @ Hamilton H.S.

1165 Eaton Ave.

Hamilton, OH 45013

(Still hosted by Fairfield H.S. Bands, but at a different venue this year)

PERFORMING CORPS (listed in reverse order of performance)

World Class

Bluecoats (9:41)

Carolina Crown (9:23)

Blue Stars (9:05)

Boston Crusaders (8:47)

Madison Scouts (8:27)

Troopers (7:51)

Spirit of Atlanta (7:33)

All-Age

Cincinnati Tradition (7:15)

Also, Crown will be performing an encore at 9:59.

Judges for tonight:

GE 1: B. Mascaro

GE 2: R. Isoda

Visual Ana: K. Giese

Color Guard: T. Gray

Music Ana: K. Turner

Weather:

Partly cloudy, High 92, Low near 75. Partly cloudy and 88 at showtime.

Predictions, anyone? How about Crown beating the Bluecoats? It looks more likely today, thanks to the Color Guard caption!

• Like 1

Summer Music Games in Cincinnati

Monday, June 22, 2015

7:00 p.m. ET

Virgil Schwarm Stadium @ Hamilton H.S.

1165 Eaton Ave.

Hamilton, OH 45013

(Still hosted by Fairfield H.S. Bands, but at a different venue this year)

PERFORMING CORPS (listed in reverse order of performance)

World Class

Bluecoats (9:41)

Carolina Crown (9:23)

Blue Stars (9:05)

Boston Crusaders (8:47)

Madison Scouts (8:27)

Troopers (7:51)

Spirit of Atlanta (7:33)

All-Age

Cincinnati Tradition (7:15)

Also, Crown will be performing an encore at 9:59.

Judges for tonight:

GE 1: B. Mascaro

GE 2: R. Isoda

Visual Ana: K. Giese

Color Guard: T. Gray

Music Ana: K. Turner

Weather:

Partly cloudy, High 92, Low near 75. Partly cloudy and 88 at showtime.

Predictions, anyone? How about Crown beating the Bluecoats? It looks more likely today, thanks to the Color Guard caption!

I don't think Crown will get it done. Visual Analysis is their weakest caption right now (not to mention Giese had Bluecoats a point ahead of Crown the other day in this same caption) so I don't think the win in Color Guard or Music Analysis will be enough to cover the GE and VA scores. I'm not counting Crown out at all this season. The top 5 will be just like last year in it's competitiveness.

• Like 1

I don't think Crown will get it done. Visual Analysis is their weakest caption right now (not to mention Giese had Bluecoats a point ahead of Crown the other day in this same caption) so I don't think the win in Color Guard or Music Analysis will be enough to cover the GE and VA scores. I'm not counting Crown out at all this season. The top 5 will be just like last year in it's competitiveness.

I hope this isn't a dumb question (honestly I couldn't care less either way), but what is the difference between GE1 and GE2?

Mascaro scored Bluecoats 1st in Vis Prof in Akron, but now he's in GE. A prime example of why you can't compare captions even when the same judge? Jay Webb. Gave Bluecoats a 14.9 in Akron 1st in GE. But obviously felt less of the Bluecoats Percussion last night.

Of course, Mr. Webb, the wizard of Avon, Indiana's great program over the years, is one of the few judges credentialed in brass and percussion. sometimes, even visual stuff too.

He's one of those judges most corps want on first tour to get solid reads and informative tapes.

Edited by xandandl

Looking forward to seeing the Troopers/SoA matchup. Could this be the battle for 12th spot in finals? Or does Crossmen look like they're going to take it again?