Making Moves in Muncie - June 26

No pits tonight. So lots of dead space in the music. Makes me a sad panda.

Which is actually going to drastically highlight what I think is an over-reliance on pit in modern arrangements.

Actually, no pit, no amps, no guard, no props, no tarps .... the irony of it all, that it took moving them indoors to make them seem MORE like a traditional drum & bugle corps.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

Chuck Naffier is my favorite arranger currently working in DCI. That said...Andrew Markworth has the Crossmen sounding like the Crossmen. That's easier said than done...just ask Aaron Guidry.

Z

PS-I have loved lots of things Aaron Guidry has done...just not for Bones.

Hesitate to say this so early in the season , but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crossmen leapfrogging a few corps finals week, a very balanced corps and well designed program for the membership

This does take some of the sting out that they're doing this in Emens. Crossmen sound great!

I was hoping for a first clean read of Bloo though. But that may be ... odd if they can't do all their effects.

No pit = no electronics? How will Bluecoats sound??

I for one am interested. They are extremely talented so I am pretty sure they will sound fantastic. But it could prove enlightening.

A great opportunity to hear the corps one after the other a little stripped down

Crossmen got a standing O!

Got here right as XMen ended. Lots of bands crammed into the building. Very high energy, this might be a neat experience.

• Like 1