The Top 5

Brace yourself, the winds of change are coming! Let the real battle begin!

I get that there isn't one corps running away with it, but aren't these the same five corps that are at the top of the standings literally every year?

Also, I get that the reason for this is multiple, but would I be correct in assuming that the average experience of the members of these corps is significantly greater than the rest of the field?

Speaking of the top 5 standings, here is what the top 5 would look like if we were to take into effect the GE and analysis scores only:

1. The Cadets - 80.250

2. Blue Devils - 79.750

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - 79.375

4. Carolina Crown - 78.750

5. Bluecoats - 78.375

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I know you can't compare scores from different events... but I've followed bknights.org's "Current Standings" for about 8 years now, and I've never seen the top 5 look like this:

79.85 - BD

79.80 - Cadets

79.50 - SCV

79.20 - Crown

78.90 - Coats

Different Events, but we have ourselves a season folks.

As you said...different events.

I'd be willing to bet all my imaginary millions you won't see this kind of bunching up at San Antonio.

It's highly possible BD will run away with it again this year. We don't have enough data yet to say they won't. We will know a lot more after Thursday and seeing what the spread it. I fully expect them to win in Foxboro, but will it be > 1 point or < 1 point?

That is the key.

• Like 1

I get that there isn't one corps running away with it, but aren't these the same five corps that are at the top of the standings literally every year?

Also, I get that the reason for this is multiple, but would I be correct in assuming that the average experience of the members of these corps is significantly greater than the rest of the field?

To the top...for the past few years...yes.

As to the second...no.

IMO, anyway.

• Like 1

Yes, we are still in June, just a couple of weeks into the season, and 85% of all the World Class Division Corps are pretty much now eliminated for contention for a World Class Division Title for 2015 . Heck, a few of the World Class Division Corps are eliminated, and they havn't yet gotten on the busses to go to their first World Class Division competition yet. Here in June the 5 that have a shot, are all the usual suspects that are currently bunched up. But in a week or so, 2 more of the 5 will be essentially ruled out as well. DCI rarely has more than 3 Corps heading into Championships week with a legitimate shot of winning. My prediction is that this year will be no different. We'll have just 2,3 with any chance of winning this by this time in 3 weeks. Right now, here in June, of the Fab 7, we can pretty much rule out Phantom Regiment, Cavaliers from having any shot at winning it all this season. So we are down to 5, and a few more to go in a we will be down to 2 or 3. MLB is almost 3 months in to their season ( not 3 weeks ) and they still have at least 8 teams with a legitimate shot of their 28 to win it all here in 2015. I wish DCI was as competitive and with as much parity as MLB.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Its fun, but also tough since not only are we now comparing shows with partial panels to ones with full panels and partial panels (there hasnt been a full panel east of the rockies since Akron on the 20th), we are also comparing scores from 3 different shows. With SCV and Bluecoats not having any competition in their tier.

That said, it would blow my mind if these scores could stay this tight for the next month

While I understand your central point( same ol Corps at the top each season ), I would not assume "the members of these Corps " experience " is signicantly better than the rest of the field". Not unless we had a mutually agreed to definition of what you call the summer's " experience ". What a marchers " experience " is like is of a personal nature and determination, and oftentimes it is not based on their Corps placement that season at all ( although if one is in a Corps that wins it all that season, its hard to perhaps top that " experience ")

Edited by BRASSO

Exciting indeed!!! But these scores mean nothing until they come together at the first major regional. Then let's see how the caption numbers fly. But to put another teaser on this I do see BD maybe losing a couple captions head to head (maybe three). Now isn't that interesting.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 3