July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Hmm. Interesting how many people called BD dirty and yet they won visual handily. Cadets seem to have the hardest drill and their scores show it. They just need to clean and they'll be in good shape!

Agree. Cadets demand is evident and they just need to keep cleaning and tweak little things. Of course, they do have a big ending to put in.

Really surprised by Brass scores but good job by the Cadets! they just made the Ott race even more interesting than it already was!

You know, in 2013 Cadets took 2nd in brass to Crown, and they won percussion taking total music ensemble. It's not out of the ordinary for them. But yes, typically they are 3rd or 2nd in brass come finals. Still very very good of course. The 2 times I have seen them this year I find their brass very musical with excellent dynamic range.

Crown outperforming GE, not a good sign. They need to add stuff in or they'll fall behind. By the way, I absolutely hate what they did with the end of Dies Irae. Runs for runs sake. That moment lost all impact.

Carolina Crown did add some stuff that I didn't see at Bowling Green. It was the section after the first big percussion feature. I thought it was very effective. They will be in good shape when they redo their ending and bring more closure to this show.

Both BD and Cadets need to lay off the synth. That brass judge must have some nice ears to hear past it.

You don't really hear it as much when you're at the show live. The internet stuff tends to be worse because of the microphone placement for web transfer. the 2 times I have seen Cadets live I did not feel it was over-bearing. Only their synth bass was occasionally bad. BD I can't say just yet. Have not seen them live.

• Like 1

And the color guard mooning the Yellow Rose of Texas

On their skirt panties? Iccccckkkkkk.....

On their skirt panties? Iccccckkkkkk.....

Hey they did it in '74 ... oh my gosh, I'm old!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Hmm. Interesting how many people called BD dirty and yet they won visual handily. Cadets seem to have the hardest drill and their scores show it. They just need to clean and they'll be in good shape!

Really surprised by Brass scores but good job by the Cadets! they just made the Ott race even more interesting than it already was!

Crown outperforming GE, not a good sign. They need to add stuff in or they'll fall behind. By the way, I absolutely hate what they did with the end of Dies Irae. Runs for runs sake. That moment lost all impact.

Both BD and Cadets need to lay off the synth. That brass judge must have some nice ears to hear past it.

FWIW BD had a lot of park sets that looked great. Is that enough? Maybe, it has been for some contenders in the past.

Interesting brass scoring, but I think it will last just about as long as Crown's first drum placement. Time will tell.

Couldn't disagree more with the end of DI. It was very musically confusing in its original state. This may not be the final version (certainly more they can do there) but this is a major improvement.

As for brass judging... I'm sure Wayne heard just fine as he was standing BEHIND the amps every time I saw him on the sideline. Just not sure I agree with his numbers. I am not too surprised, though, he was sitting right in front of every frack for Crown, starting with the preshow trumpet quartets.

Edited by CrownLeadSop

I would love for BD to have an undefeated season again. This is the same spread they were from Cadets after their first meeting last year! Go Devils.

(My bad...screw up.)

Edited by HornTeacher

I would love for BD to have an undefeated season again. This is the same spread they were from Cadets after their first meeting last year! Go Devils.

Rihanna and "spread" on the same page of a thread of DCP?? Armageddon IS most certainly upon us!!!!

• Like 1

Not me! I love the Devils, but I love drama more.

Why would you hope for that? I love BD's show probably as much as anyone on DCP and wouldn't want another 2014. I wanna see a lot more excitement over the course of July and into finals week.

Rihanna and "spread" on the same page of a thread of DCP?? Armageddon IS most certainly upon us!!!!

Well, you know ... Crown and Inferno.

What's the whole pinky thumb thing jersey surf does?

A gang sign for white people.

• Like 1