July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

I agree maybe after Troopers get A penalty they'll speed up. Read back a bit about it being planned although it sure didn't look like it.

Hope you enjoyed all your festivities lab

I think Troopers ( on this subject ) can still keep their tradition yet do it another way maybe as the corps sets up or whatever. I remember back in 2011 in Indy I was warming up a guard out in the park and that poor DM was doing that through the park. Part of me felt sorry for him like he was exhausted from it but then maybe he was enjoying it. who knows

So I read the crowd "booed" Crowns placement. I seem to recall two recent years when crowds would boo at placements, 2008 and 2013. I think we all know how those seasons ended up.

I recall Madison Scouts placements being booed,when in any place but first, in the past. We all know how those seasons ended up too.

We all have our biases.

Anyway, I'm liking the fact that the scoring is so tight across the board, makes for a more interesting season.

I recall Madison Scouts placements being booed,when in any place but first, in the past. We all know how those seasons ended up too.

We all have our biases.

Anyway, I'm liking the fact that the scoring is so tight across the board, makes for a more interesting season.

Interesting for some maybe most; nerve wracking for others. Either way it is going to be fun times as everyone's shows evolve.

I personally found Cadets' line in 2013 to sound better than the one this year.

I think this juncture, end of June, 1st week of July, Cadets have an amazing brass line. With this demanding drill still getting more comfortable by the marchers with each passing day, I can envision the Cadets marchers will have their brass line sounding even better. The trumpet line especially is playing some serious licks well.

If there is one concern on the Cadets, its their Guard. Maybe it was just an off nite, but last nite wasn't sharp in Guard from the Cadets, I thought. ( Crown's Guard looks strong this season, imo )

I went to the show last night. I haven't been to Gillette Stadium since finals. The place is huge.

We had dinner at Davios-I had the homemade gnocchi in truffle oil-yum.

The Open corps were very entertaining.

My fave was Crown.

I live in the Boston area but I forgot how rude Boston audiences are. It is a challenge sitting through a show in Boston.

Well done, BAC/DCI.

Venue rocked it, Potter was a hoot...crowd was huge and awesome (sans a few Borgi-sh whine with cheese. Mary, please.). Crowd loved Crown and showed it. Lots of knowledgeable and supportive fans and Alums. I Enjoyed all the performances.This night's favorites, for me, would be Crown, BD, and the evolving BAC. The Cadets drumine and mellows blew me away. Good to see the Troop out East, with a fantasticshow.

Good luck to all the corps, this great season.

A Very Happy 75th. Do this again pls..

Edited by D-Cex
  • Like 1