July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

We were warming up for show of shows, the first show of the year. They were on right before us, so they were finishing their warmup while we were getting our horn warmup underway. They turned their entire horn arc 180 degrees and played 1812 right at us while we were trying to warm up. Years after the fact, I brought it up in conversation with a guy who was on brass staff with crown at the time. His response was "yeah, that wasn't me. Sounds like Matt." Why would I make that up?

Reread what I said. I was clarifying and acknowledging the fact that you DIDNT make anything up. Maybe you should hit the hay :P

I should be able to search for it; I assume you are talking Twitter. Not easy to get the horns to sound like that. They are designed as an indoor orchestral instrument with temperature control. Outside, it is risky as temperature varies plus the hand in the bell placement has to be consistent or the pitch varies. Not sure whether Allentown was out of tune or someone missed a fingering.

Nope talking about Periscope! Not all Periscope accounts are linked to Twitter

Yes, BD won pretty comfortably tonite... but despite the spread, this BD edition appears far more vulnerable to me than last season's BD edition. I thought BD was head and shoulders over everybody else last season ( as did the judges ). I think its 50-50 BD repeats this year... although its early.

I think that's a very fair assessment. But you have to admit, that's a pretty good performance and number for what's essentially a rebuilding year, at least by Devils standards (lots of BD rookies). I think it's very possible that Cadets or Crown could catch them, but likely not both (haven't seen SCV or Bluecoats so won't comment there).

It doesn't surprise me at all that the spread is this tight. Based on what I saw/heard at Allentown and some Devils videos, they really all are very close, with strengths in different areas. I have to admit my surprise at Cadets' brass number tonight, but I didn't watch the stream, so I'll assume it was spot-on. I'm very much looking forward to seeing Cadets and Crown again in Lynn on Saturday, and all three in Clifton on Sunday.

DCI is more fun across the board when it's tight, and it's going to drive all three of these corps to perform even better.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Reread what I said. I was clarifying and acknowledging the fact that you DIDNT make anything up. Maybe you should hit the hay :P

Ah, I read sarcasm (dare I say...snark?) into that. Darn international forums, and their inability to convey tone. Well, the name has been named. Only reason I didn't use his name before was because I thought folks knew who was being discussed. My bad. Seeing as how I'm driving from Rochester, NY to Boston in the morning, I think I will be signing off now. G'night, and good show to all.

I think Bluecoats have the show....but the guard will ultimately get 5th and hold them back from their first championship.

Crown won with their drums in 6th (behind MS)

Phantom won with their 2008 guard ( :ninja: )

And I don't think Coats guard is lower then 6

Crown won with their drums in 6th (behind MS)

Phantom won with their 2008 guard ( :ninja: )

And I don't think Coats guard is lower then 6

Not to mention they had one of the best guards last year. So the potential is there. No need to count them out already.

• Like 1

Allentown -----> Foxboro

partial panel full panel

BAC +0.4

Xmen +0.15

Troop +1.2

Nice jump Troop.
  • Like 1

I don't like the Boston overtaking the Troopers DM thing.

I don't like the Troopers DM starting out at a good pace then going into an absurd tedious ultra slow step and call it tradition. It is not tradition it is disrespectful to the host corps and other corps trying to follow their tradition of being respectful and courteous to othe corps and getting their a$$es out to the line in a decent time. If they want to go slow, go last and let the scores be read before the DM gets in place.
  • Like 5

The 2 Corps that gave a better showing than I thought they would heading into tonite, were Crown and Boston.

• Like 2