Clifton 7/5

7th Regiment ... much improved corps from last year.

Since their final O.C. standing went from seventh with "Luminous" in 2013 to fifth with "Ne7sky" in 2014, this news bodes well for them.

BAC: ... it's not good to sit in the bottom level of a stadium with all those tarp things. You can barely see anything. I'm surprised with as much grief Cadets got about their towers, that Boston isn't getting grief about theirs.

Boston got grief about their rolling flagpoles starting in Akron, before they even had flags on them, although it was mainly because without the flags, they mystified the audience who didn't know what they were for. As for the complaints about Cadets and visual obstruction for low-seating audience members, as I recall, those were much more prevalent last year with the tall stage, which ran for so far along the front sideline, than in the previous year with the towers, which were often midfield or farther back.

"Ereh retne ohw ey, epoh lla nodnaba."

That is what he said. That is what Liahona said.

Um, my name's Cadevilina Crown?

Maybe, moved by the story of "Inferno", he thought you were possessed?

There's a point in the poem when Dante encounters in Hell the soul of a person he knows is still alive. It is explained that if you're really bad, your soul might go straight to Hell even before the death of your body, which is then animated by a demon.

(John D. Rateliff, author-editor of The History of The Hobbit, argues that this is what inspired the "Un-man" in C.S. Lewis's novel Perelandra, or Voyage to Venus.)

Since their final O.C. standing went from seventh with "Luminous" in 2013 to fifth with "Ne7sky" in 2014, this news bodes well for them.

Based on what I have seen, I think they have a big chance of maintaining their OC position from last year if not move up, can say pretty much the same thing about Legends. This years draws you in a little more. Guard seems hugely improved, brass as well, and percussion seems strong. Music is great, drill works well. I'm a big fan, I think they're solidly better than Spartans myself, mainly in show design. Semis, we will see. Cascades who they topped last year for that last spot are leaps and bounds and jumps and stuff better than last year.

Boston got grief about their rolling flagpoles starting in Akron, before they even had flags on them, although it was mainly because without the flags, they mystified the audience who didn't know what they were for. As for the complaints about Cadets and visual obstruction for low-seating audience members, as I recall, those were much more prevalent last year with the tall stage, which ran for so far along the front sideline, than in the previous year with the towers, which were often midfield or farther back.

Umm, no. Cadets got a lot of grief about those towers. People complained they were hard to clean. There were a few points in boston's show in Clifton where those things almost fell on a couple of the marchers.

Umm, no. Cadets got a lot of grief about those towers. People complained they were hard to clean. There were a few points in boston's show in Clifton where those things almost fell on a couple of the marchers.

hmnn.. I don't know about this. The towers of 2 years ago were spread out and back from the frontline. Last season's gigantic stage with the ramps was right up front and it did obstruct the view of 1st few row audiences of the marchers in back a bit. Plus, the StoryTeller on top of that stage, really did not work as well as Cadets thought it would, imo. The " grief " that Cadets got was really more about that combination, than anything else, imo. That said, its all water over the dam, as Cadets have a great show this season, imo... and its done without carting a large portion of one of the NJ turnpike's off ramps into their show for GE .

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

hmnn.. I don't know about this. The towers of 2 years ago were spread out and back from the frontline. Last season's gigantic stage with the ramps was right up front and it did obstruct the marchers in back a bit. Plus, the StoryTeller on top of that stage, really did not work as well as Cadets thought it would, imo. The " grief " that Cadets got was really more about that combination, than anything else, imo. That said, its all water over the dam, as Cadets have a great show this season, imo... and its done without carting a large portion of one of the NJ turnpike off ramp into their show for GE .

However, Brasso...Hopkins will still collect your tolls.

hmnn.. I don't know about this. The towers of 2 years ago were spread out and back from the frontline. Last season's gigantic stage with the ramps was right up front and it did obstruct the view of 1st few row audiences of the marchers in back a bit. Plus, the StoryTeller on top of that stage, really did not work as well as Cadets thought it would, imo. The " grief " that Cadets got was really more about that combination, than anything else, imo. That said, its all water over the dam, as Cadets have a great show this season, imo... and its done without carting a large portion of one of the NJ turnpike's off ramps into their show for GE .

My point was to speak about how those "towers" in Boston's show obstructed my view and to compare those with the towers Cadets had.

• Like 1

EXACTLY.

• Like 1

However, Brasso...Hopkins will still collect your tolls.

I have the EZ- Pass... I'll blow right thru those NY-NJ Toll booths.( haha!).