Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

I am surprised that this thread is still open. PLEASE moderator close it. I can't possibly see how this impacts Phantom in a "positive" way. Though many posts are not spewing hatred and anger, there have been several that are unwarranted. I just pray Phantom alumni aren't posting many of the nasty posts.

If any active PR MM should ever wander onto DCP after the tour (not much time during), they'll see some extremes here, for sure. But the fact is that BD, Cadets and other corps have faced much worse on these boards and in the stands, not that any vitriol is ever helpful or fun to hear. BUT......among all of this blather, what those PR MM's should take away is this: They are part of an honored corps that is admired and respected around the world......a corps that thousands of young men and women across the country year after year would do anything to be part of and who spend many attempts trying. It's hard not to get goosebumps when the announcer says that storied name. And.....what adjustments the PR staff do in the future to bring the corps back to the top competitively is what it will be despite our mumblings here.... and those of us who bear great respect for the organization will continue to provide our thoughts and hopes for that renewal. Until then....(although apparently I'm not allowed to say this in some circles, not having earned it)......"SUTA!"

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 6

I think if someone truly has a good experience at a drum Corps, then what they hear from the judge or what they read on DCP after the summer is over shouldn't matter.

Except that they all are flesh and blood humans, and unwarranted criticism hurts. Even Scott Chandler has said that poor reviews and nasty remarks can affect him for days.

• Like 1

Why is this still open??? To all those hate filled people who have been posting here what seems forever. You all are cowards, wimps, bullies, and more which I can't say on here. You come here because you have no xxlls and it makes you feel powerful to rant and rave about and organization that most have no idea what goes on. You base your opinion on speculation, rumor, and just plain hatred because YOU don't like what Phantom is doing. If you don't like Phantom is doing then GO START YOUR OWN DRUM CORPS !!! Well guess what?? YOU make no difference in the big picture. Posting here just let's you spew hatred and not be held responsible for you actions. You all should just shut your mouths and find someone or something else to hate. DCP should be ashamed for letting this go on as long as they have. It is offensive to most and letting people spread hatred and non-truths here just fuels the fire for the stupid,ignorant people that have nothing better to do than complain about something they have no control over. Try feeding the homeless,(which I do). Try educating the youth on how to be good, caring people and not posting hate and slander on the internet. DCP take this down already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

• Like 2

Why is this still open??? To all those hate filled people who have been posting here what seems forever. You all are cowards, wimps, bullies, and more which I can't say on here. You come here because you have no xxlls and it makes you feel powerful to rant and rave about and organization that most have no idea what goes on. You base your opinion on speculation, rumor, and just plain hatred because YOU don't like what Phantom is doing. If you don't like Phantom is doing then GO START YOUR OWN DRUM CORPS !!! Well guess what?? YOU make no difference in the big picture. Posting here just let's you spew hatred and not be held responsible for you actions. You all should just shut your mouths and find someone or something else to hate. DCP should be ashamed for letting this go on as long as they have. It is offensive to most and letting people spread hatred and non-truths here just fuels the fire for the stupid,ignorant people that have nothing better to do than complain about something they have no control over. Try feeding the homeless,(which I do). Try educating the youth on how to be good, caring people and not posting hate and slander on the internet. DCP take this down already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

I'm not nearly as amped up as you are lol but I agree, just close this dumb thread. It isn't helping anyone.

• Like 1

I'm not nearly as amped up as you are lol but I agree, just close this dumb thread. It isn't helping anyone.

Not amped just surprised this is still open. There always seems to be a thread for Phantom haters every year so I am sure as soon as this is taken down another one will be started by some hate filled loser. DCP has taken down much better threads sooner so not sure why they allow this trash to continue. Thought there were guidelines they followed.

What are we even talking about here? Last time I checked (about 5 mins ago) the corps was ranked in 7th place. While that would seem to suggest that they are not in medal contention this year, is being in the single digits really cause for such doom and gloom? I know a lot of other corps out there that would love to be in such an awful position.

In fact, I think the corps is performing way better than this thread, which has already outlived its life expectancy.

• Like 5

What are we even talking about here? Last time I checked (about 5 mins ago) the corps was ranked in 7th place. While that would seem to suggest that they are not in medal contention this year, is being in the single digits really cause for such doom and gloom? I know a lot of other corps out there that would love to be in such an awful position.

In fact, I think the corps is performing way better than this thread, which has already outlived its life expectancy.

Yeah, but a few keyboard warriors who do nothing for the activity outside of DCP have "higher standards," and any placement outside the top 5 is a fireable offense to them.

#### this thread ... everything from the stupid title to the orgasmic bliss some posters get from bashing an organization and its staff.

• Like 4

Orgasmic bliss.

I just wanted that posted again. Carry on.

Yeah, but a few keyboard warriors who do nothing for the activity outside of DCP have "higher standards," and any placement outside the top 5 is a fireable offense to them.

#### this thread ... everything from the stupid title to the orgasmic bliss some posters get from bashing an organization and its staff.

Orgasmic bliss.

I just wanted that posted again. Carry on.

• Like 2